DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help- dji mavic pro 2 crashed into 130m building

Sir, is this retrace an exact route accounting for ascending and descending commands during the last 60 seconds? Or does it retrace the path at the altitude from the point connection is lost?

It attempts to follow the exact 3-D path, presumably on the basis that if terrain or buildings were the cause of the loss of uplink then it will return to a position with line of sight to the controller.

It attempts to follow the exact 3-D path, presumably on the basis that if terrain or buildings were the cause of the loss of uplink then it will return to a position with line of sight to the controller.
Thanks much.

Lets not get off the OP's topic guy's and wander off to another .
That's a relevant question.

The OP needs to know if DJI can claim the crash is on him, not a drone fault.

If he was in Sport mode, and the drone does not default back to OA speed -- Safe Mode -- on a RTH triggered by Loss of Signal, then he's screwed.

That's a relevant question.

The OP needs to know if DJI can claim the crash is on him, not a drone fault.

If he was in Sport mode, and the drone does not default back to OA speed -- Safe Mode -- on a RTH triggered by Loss of Signal, then he's screwed.

As I explained in post #21, MC_PARAM_rthOAenabled was set to False. There is no default OA on RTH if it is specifically disabled in settings.

When/if I get a message indicating I'm nearing a NFZ, I return the drone to me ASAP

When/if I get a message indicating I'm nearing a NFZ, I return the drone to me ASAP

Indeed @gfieldsr, that would be the correct reaction.

Not sure if you were watching the thread, last week I think it was, where someone was flying a long ways beyond VLOS, and had not looked at the FAA flight restrictions very carefully. During his flight a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) came into effect. I am not sure what the TFR was about, but that is not important to the story. Anyway, at the time the TFR became active, the guy's drone started an automatic land procedure, WHILE the bird was over water!! He fought and fought, cancelling to auto land and trying to get his aircraft back to dry land before it touched down - but ultimately failed.

So an interesting learning about how DJI drones are programmed to respond when they suddenly find themselves in a place they should not be....

Reactions: GFields
Indeed @gfieldsr, that would be the correct reaction.

Not sure if you were watching the thread, last week I think it was, where someone was flying a long ways beyond VLOS, and had not looked at the FAA flight restrictions very carefully. During his flight a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) came into effect. I am not sure what the TFR was about, but that is not important to the story. Anyway, at the time the TFR became active, the guy's drone started an automatic land procedure, WHILE the bird was over water!! He fought and fought, cancelling to auto land and trying to get his aircraft back to dry land before it touched down - but ultimately failed.

So an interesting learning about how DJI drones are programmed to respond when they suddenly find themselves in a place they should not be....

Yes, I saw that and watched the video.

One of the first things I do before heading out to do a job is to check for Airspace restrictions. If it looks like I will even come close to an NFZ I will check LANCC and go-to DJI Safe Fly portal to unlock the GEO Fencing. I have been at locations where you cannot unlock GEO Fencing through the app, so I do this beforehand.

The auto-land feature DJI has implemented when entering an NFZ could just as easily be replaced with an RTH function instead. IMHO, that would be safer and less costly in the event you mentioned. Imagine auto-landing on a busy interstate highway! Accident galore!

Yes, I saw that and watched the video.

The auto-land feature DJI has implemented when entering an NFZ could just as easily be replaced with an RTH function instead. IMHO, that would be safer and less costly in the event you mentioned. Imagine auto-landing on a busy interstate highway! Accident galore!
Yes, but what if a RTH would require the aircraft to traverse a significant portion of the just established NFZ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes, but what if a RTH would require the aircraft to traverse a significant portion of the just established NFZ?

Good point.

As I explained in post #21, MC_PARAM_rthOAenabled was set to False. There is no default OA on RTH if it is specifically disabled in settings.
And it was post #6 where you said talking about this issue was off topic.

Obviously, this later information, explained by you, shows it was exactly the topic.

And it was post #6 where you said talking about this issue was off topic.

Obviously, this later information, explained by you, shows it was exactly the topic.

EDIT: deleting redundant info, I did not see post #52 when I wrote mine...

But you are correct, once the information in the logs was revealed the issue of OA did become relevant....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan C
The legs may very well be made out of the glass reinforced nylong, but the feet are not made out of glass reinforced nylon. They are made out of plastic and bond quite well with JBweld, plus the color can match exactly.

That's why I was recommending replacing the legs if they were damaged, but if it's just a popped screw on the baseplate of the feet, then it can be replaired with JBweld with no problem.
No risk there- you can fly without the feet.
@djidroneservice opinion already requested 11 hours prior. Must be waiting on prices or preparing shipping label.

Well I am going for it but still a rip off!
Rip off compared to what? If you had coughed up for the DJI refresh and paid on top to claim a replacement you would still be behind where you are now. Surely there has to be a good margin in the parts but the labour charge is nothing to grizzle about. Your only real option might be to see how you go sourcing the parts and have a crack at the repair yourself?

Your government charges VAT on freight?

That's a ripoff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78