DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!!!! LOCKED OUT OF DJI APP

odonovj

Reactions
Greetings.
I have a problem and I'm hoping that someone else has had it and was successful in correcting it.

I cannot get into the app .

At first I thought that it was a computer related issue but I dont have a problem with other non related programmes.
Also my second laptop is giving me exactly the same message.

I am hoping that there is some simple explanation before I start to mess things up further by changing a load of settings on my computer.

Thanks for your help ahead of time .

PS. I am the only person who is on both computers so I am the administrator . I'm wondering though if I have to enlist as the administrator / I am not computer literate so shortened computer terms are going to fly over my head.
So basic simplified english will not offend me
Thanks
;)

Last thought . What tags should I place with this so that it gets seen. I don't completely get the whole TAG thing?

Attachments

• dji blocked.jpg
    dji blocked.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 148
After reading @Mr. Salty 's link I am not sure the following will work, but it is worth a try. These instructions are for Windows 7 but should be similar in Win 10.

If the above does not work, try pressing the Windows key, type "change user account control settings" (without quotes) and move the slider down to Never Notify. After your program installs (hopefully), change the slider back to where it was. This is a security "feature" designed to protect your computer from unwanted installations so do not leave turned off.

I've seen a few posts about this over the last few days. It's basically caused by an update to Windows 10 taking a dislike to signing certificate used on the binaries of the DJI Assistant program. DJI is supposedly working on a fix (presumably a new release of Assistant with a different certificate) but hasn't issued an ETA yet, AFAIK. In the meantime, if "Run as Admin" works then it's safe to use if you downloaded the installer from a trusted source like the OP did.

The technical reason is that when DJI bother to sign their binaries at all they are apparently using a certificate issued by WoSign. WoSign and their corporate partner StartCom were blacklisted in 2016 because of actions that were not compatible with the necessary behaviour of a Certificate Authority. Some existing certs got a grace period, but it looks like Microsoft has now joined Google and Mozilla in dropping them for good.

Seriously, what is it with DJI and certs? They just can't seem to get it right...

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Search posts by BDOG done in the last week. He has listed a step by step way to make the update work. Sorry, can’t remember which one of the threads on this topic contains it

Try right clicking on it, and select Run as Administrator
Ya , I've tried that.
Try right clicking on it, and select Run as Administrator
Just to make sure that we are on the same page , the programme is not installed because I am not allowed to install it.
So I cannot right click on it because it's not there to click on . However
I just that whole post and I still cant find an answer in there. Did you see something that I might have overlooked ?

I just that whole post and I still cant find an answer in there. Did you see something that I might have overlooked ?

Try this post (different thread).

Note that this involves editing the Windows Registry and reducing your install's overall security so you may prefer to wait for DJI's official fix or at the very least make a note so you can undo the changes once the fix is out.

Reactions: Thomas B
Try this post (different thread).

Note that this involves editing the Windows Registry and reducing your install's overall security so you may prefer to wait for DJI's official fix or at the very least make a note so you can undo the changes once the fix is out.
This is the one that I was referring to... seemed to work for everyone who did it.

This is the fix being referred to.

I had the same issues on my 1 day old laptop on windows 10 but after following the video it allowed me to run and install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. The video does not refer to the installation of the DJI program but the error experienced by the poster was exactly the same. I will be using my pc in this mode until DJI get their act together. Let me know how you get on.

I went online to chat with DJI technical yesterday and they are aware of the issue but are working on it. They could not give me any timeframe of when we could expect a fixed version of DJI Assistant 2 with correct certificate signatures.

Reactions: sadatoni
This is the fix being referred to.

I had the same issues on my 1 day old laptop on windows 10 but after following the video it allowed me to run and install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. The video does not refer to the installation of the DJI program but the error experienced by the poster was exactly the same. I will be using my pc in this mode until DJI get their act together. Let me know how you get on.
There is no way I will ever lower the security shields on my PC simply to install or run any application. Changing that setting in the Registry would open up my PC to all sorts of malware and Trojans.

If I absolutely have to run DJI Assistant 2, I will launch it from a command-line prompt (which has no effect on my overall security settings).

Otherwise, I will wait until DJI updates their security certificate, which they should have done anyway months ago.

Larry

Larry, perhaps you could post up your process for loading DJI from a command-line prompt please, so that I and many others having difficulty with DJI Assistant could safely update and manage our DJI equipment. I look forward to seeing your post on how this is executed.
Best Regards

Chris

Larry, perhaps you could post up your process for loading DJI from a command-line prompt please, so that I and many others having difficulty with DJI Assistant could safely update and manage our DJI equipment. I look forward to seeing your post on how this is executed.
Best Regards

Chris
I learned the process from a post by another user here:

DJI Assistant 2.0.6 on Windows 10 kaput?

In summary, you open a command-line prompt as administrator (I use Windows PowerShell), navigate to the DJI Assistant 2 directory (on my PC, it's C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2), then run "DJI Assistant 2.exe" from there. It allows you to launch DJI Assistant 2 without messing with the Registry or otherwise compromising your security settings.

The downside is that you have to launch the app this way every time you use it.

Larry

Here are the exact commands to use in the Command Prompt (CMD) window opened as Administrator:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2"

"DJI Assistant 2.exe"

Windows PowerShell uses slightly different commands, but the method is basically the same. In addition, the path may be different for different versions of Windows. I have a Windows 10 PC, and this is what works for me.

Larry

This is the one that I was referring to... seemed to work for everyone who did it.
I tried tried this via "regetit" then run as administrator,( I get)" run as administrator has been disabled"...???
its all getting a little scary.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife