DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP - M2z stuck on photo mode - software/hardware? VIDEO attached to show issue.

supernicko

Reactions
VIDEO OF HOW ITS FLICKING BACK TO PHOTO MODE HERE -->

Hey Guys - odd issue where i cant get it to stay in the VIDEO record screen. It flicks into it but then reverts back to the photo mode.

Started happening last time i took her out for a fly. I updated firmware on the spot for both drone and control. Didnt fix it so i did a flight and managed to quickly hit record and it would work (but its a nightmare to do).

Got home. Ive used DJI assistant to check and update all firmwares/refresh using hard connection to the computer.

Ive tried the side port and the bottom usb port to connect.

Ive wiped and re downloaded DJO go 4. (iphone xsmax). Ive tried on ipad gen 6.

I did see another fella on a mavic 1 a while back similar ish - in that he couldnt switch to vid at all...

IDEAS ANYONE??

Ok I would say your next step is to load DJI Assistant 2 App and do a factory reset. It’s what I would do. It will reset the AC and a few basic options in DJI Go 4 that can easily be changed back but it will not reset your firmware, that will remain as is.

Nothing to lose imo

Whatever you do, hope you get it fixed

Odds are this is not the problem, but make sure all your various buttons on the controller are free, and not pressed down or partially pressed down.

I had a situation were a 3rd part mount for the an iPad was holding down the multi function button (lower right on screen), and drone was doing similar types of things.

Paul C

thx guys yep i checked jammed photo /vid / 5way key... ill try factory reset before calling DJI (argh im sure thats a PITA)

In haste i deleted the go app which im sure now means i lost all my flight logs ****! but ive got DJI assist 2 on pc (which i already did the full firmware updates/resets) so ill google doing the proper factory reset see if it unglitches it - sucks as it has always been spot on - took out of back and then this - not like it was after a firmware - just fly ok, wait a week fly again and bam.

Try another device
IT looks like you have moisture trapped in between the layers of the screen.

...if no other device, do all you can to expel it, apply some heat from a hair dryer but don't overheat it keeping all the ports open if they aren't already.

Last edited:
Try using the RC controller without the phone. Just use the shutter button or record button and see if it does either.

Try another device
IT looks like you have moisture trapped in between the layers of the screen.

...if no other device, do all you can to expel it, apply some heat from a hair dryer but don't overheat it keeping all the ports open if they aren't already.
moisture in the iPhone? Nah no moisture - neither on the controller. Tried ipad 6gen exact same issue.

Mavic Ray - ill try that.... ive never used it without a screen - and ill review the sd card to see if it captured a recording. At the moment it wont record at all unless i do the very fast button press to click the rec button (super fast) as per the vid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31