DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, It was just above freezing... tell me how it will overheat at 35 degees :p

you are right... Overheating is a big think to look out for, and I sure will be removing that gimbal dome if the temps are over 50 degrees or so. also... wouldn't the app let you know you were overheating the drone?? IDK, an error I hope to never deal with.

If you block what is designed to receive a LOT of airflow in flight - with a plastic cover - you can certainly overheat a device even at 35 degrees ambient.

Now, I'm not saying you DID overheat, or that the gimbal cover should not be attached, but generally speaking I would not assume that 35 degrees means it did NOT overheat, - with the gimbal cover in place.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
If you block what is designed to receive a LOT of airflow in flight - with a plastic cover - you can certainly overheat a device even at 35 degrees ambient.

Now, I'm not saying you DID overheat, or that the gimbal cover should not be attached, but generally speaking I would not assume that 35 degrees means it did NOT overheat, - with the gimbal cover in place.

Okay, I’m just not gonna be found hating on the plastic piece that saved my gimbal. Thanks for the concern though!

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Today I flew it for the first time and even tested the Auto return to home feature. Everything worked flawlessly and needless to say I am relieved. However, I am still quite curious on the cause of my little mishap so please don't consider this thread dead. thanks!

Reactions: Steve Hurt
Let’s get to the bottom of this!
Today I flew it for the first time and even tested the Auto return to home feature. Everything worked flawlessly and needless to say I am relieved. However, I am still quite curious on the cause of my little mishap so please don't consider this thread dead. thanks!

Look its simple, post logs or we're just have to assume it was your fault!

There, I said it!

Looks like we will have to close it up for now... When I get a chance I may post up some logs, but if anything similar happens to me ever again, you guys will hear about it.... for sure

I say it was dark so no precise landing available.. sensors are deactivated and it was just the normal GPS 5 meter plus margin for error.. without all the fancy sensors working it's just a normal dumb quad..just a guess!!!

I say it was dark so no precise landing available.. sensors are deactivated and it was just the normal GPS 5 meter plus margin for error.. without all the fancy sensors working it's just a normal dumb quad..just a guess!!!

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I have already analyzed the logs and there is nothing that is out of the ordinary at all, and people around here just can’t seem to trust me on that.

Move along people. Nothing to see here. The show's over. o_O

Thanks for the kind words and support now. Really.

If you don’t want to help then by all means, steer clear. I am looking for people with similar experiences who want to help me with my issue. I would rather not have posts that are off topic and discouraging to me and others who are genuinely interested. I understand, no flight logs is definitely a setback, but I am really busy currently so it would be great if you could just chill out until I can get them posted. Okay, so maybe this thread dies, but once I post the logs it will be ressurected. People will have interest in helping me out. You are just one of the thousands of users who post around here. It is okay if you don’t want to help... but please, let’s not get sassy about it.

I don’t want this to turn into a big argument, shooting posts back at each other. That isn’t what this forum is for. We are here either to ask questions, or to help our fellow pilots out in a friendly manner.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks like we will have to close it up for now... When I get a chance I may post up some logs, but if anything similar happens to me ever again, you guys will hear about it.... for sure

In the end, the whole thread seemed to be much ado about nothing. When help was offered, it was just as quickly spurned. Just an observation, nothing more.

In the end, the whole thread seemed to be much ado about nothing. When help was offered, it was just as quickly spurned. Just an observation, nothing more.

You have a fair point. Let’s close it up. My Mavic flies beautifully as shown in the above video. Thanks for the advice, I will assume nothing is wrong with my drone

Glad to hear your bird is flying well! :D

Yes... it is always really scary when you as the pilot didn’t cause the crash. I would rather take responsibility than wonder if I still have the issue every time I fly. Thanks again!

Yes... it is always really scary when you as the pilot didn’t cause the crash. I would rather take responsibility than wonder if I still have the issue every time I fly. Thanks again!

This is ridiculous. We offered help, you said NO, won’t upload flight logs, and flat-out blame the aircraft.

As far as many, if not all - are concerned, this was user error. If you’d like to upload the flight logs so they can be analysed, do so. Otherwise this thread offers nothing of value to anyone.

Summary:

“My bird crashed”

“Let us help you!”

“No, woe is me because maybe it will happen again which is a shame because the first time it was NOT USER ERROR!”

“We don’t know that. Let us analyze and help you!”

“No! Would rather blame aircraft and complain about it.”

Just ridiculous...

Aside from the ones that relish a chance to ridicule you for possible pilot error resulting in a loss. I am glad things seemed to clear up for you. And I applaud your willingness to expect the problem just fixed itself.

i had a very simmilar issue the first day i flew, on rth it went beserk and was litterally out of control, i didnt know what a log was yet how to post one haha, i did manage to get the log and posted it and some great people annylized it and stated i was figting the rth which is very possible, great smart dudes here, i had no probs posting the logs to be checked by guys that know what they mean haha

In the time it took to write all these responses saying that you had no time to post the logs, you could have posted the logs 10 times.

Reactions: FuzLogix
In the time it took to write all these responses saying that you had no time to post the logs, you could have posted the logs 10 times.

I am replying from my phone... my Mavic is at home. My computer is at home. We clear yet? Is there a way to post your logs from a mobile device? If not, you all are gonna need to wait. I am in no rush, and a bunch of crabby forum users aren’t gonna speed up the process. I will get my logs up as soon as I can, but that could be 10h from now. Chill out guys, we are going to get this figured out. Let’s take it one step at a time.

This is ridiculous. We offered help, you said NO, won’t upload flight logs, and flat-out blame the aircraft.

As far as many, if not all - are concerned, this was user error. If you’d like to upload the flight logs so they can be analysed, do so. Otherwise this thread offers nothing of value to anyone.

Summary:

“My bird crashed”

“Let us help you!”

“No, woe is me because maybe it will happen again which is a shame because the first time it was NOT USER ERROR!”

“We don’t know that. Let us analyze and help you!”

“No! Would rather blame aircraft and complain about it.”

Just ridiculous...

Couldn't of said it better myself Thumbswayup

Reactions: zero1981
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members