DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PeterCV

Reactions
Hello there!

So today for some reason, my rc and ac couldn't connect. The rc got stuck in 'connecting' and the ac kept flashing yellow. I thought that maybe it was a firmware thing, as every attempt to reconnect them failed(the controller wouldn't enter the 'binding' mode, when I did the 'rc linking' via the dji go app it would instantly say 'Linking complete' but it wouldn't connect). I managed to update the ac's firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer, but the rc kept failing. Now, every time I turn on the rc it gets stuck with nothing in the display. I know it is on because the power button blinks and the screen turns on, but it displays nothing. Also, I thought maybe a factory restore would fix it, but the dji Assistant 2 doesn't show that option.

Please help! Thanks!

Have you try updating the flight database on the AC? Might be miss matching databases between the AC and RC. It might help. Good luck

Reactions: PeterCV
Have you try updating the flight database on the AC? Might be miss matching databases between the AC and RC. It might help. Good luck
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

Still, the main issue now is the fact that the rc doesn't seem to be working, as it displays nothing at all.

Hello there!

So today for some reason, my rc and ac couldn't connect. The rc got stuck in 'connecting' and the ac kept flashing yellow. I thought that maybe it was a firmware thing, as every attempt to reconnect them failed(the controller wouldn't enter the 'binding' mode, when I did the 'rc linking' via the dji go app it would instantly say 'Linking complete' but it wouldn't connect). I managed to update the ac's firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer, but the rc kept failing. Now, every time I turn on the rc it gets stuck with nothing in the display. I know it is on because the power button blinks and the screen turns on, but it displays nothing. Also, I thought maybe a factory restore would fix it, but the dji Assistant 2 doesn't show that option.

Please help! Thanks!
Make sure that the switch on the Mavic is not set to WiFi accidentally.

Try using an older version of Assistant 2. I think it's v2.1.1. This version allows reseting the RC to the default setting (FW). Then you may be able to use the latest Assistant 2 (v2.1.2.4) to update the RC. It worked for me when I had similar issue. Hope it will work for you.

Try using an older version of Assistant 2. I think it's v2.1.1. This version allows reseting the RC to the default setting (FW). Then you may be able to use the latest Assistant 2 (v2.1.2.4) to update the RC. It worked for me when I had similar issue. Hope it will work for you.
I already tried to do do a factory restore with a previus version of Assistant 2 but it kept failing. I'll see if I find another version where it actually works. Thanks anyway!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird