DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me decide: Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum?

Just because DJI says it on their site doesn't make it not misinformation.

mis·in·for·ma·tion
ˌmisinfərˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.
    "nuclear matters are often entangled in a web of secrecy and misinformation"

Read my third sentence in my original post. And the information provided in this thread (regarding 60% quieter) is NOT misinformstion. It is accurate information because it is exactly what is provided on DJIs site. Now, as I already stated, if DJI is incorrect, that's a different story.

It's seems as if it is your personal opinion that the MPP is not quieter. The debate goes back and forth on many threads. That doesn't make anything "misinformation" though.

Now, back on topic, my vote to the OP is go to for the MPP! Either way, can't go wrong, enjoy your new drone!

Read my third sentence in my original post. And the information provided in this thread (regarding 60% quieter) is NOT misinformstion. It is accurate information because it is exactly what is provided on DJIs site. Now, as I already stated, if DJI is incorrect, that's a different story.

It's seems as if it is your personal opinion that the MPP is not quieter. The debate goes back and forth on many threads. That doesn't make anything "misinformation" though.

Now, back on topic, my vote to the OP is go to for the MPP! Either way, can't go wrong, enjoy your new drone!

I wasn't quoting the OP, I was quoting his source, which is DJI.

Just because DJI says it on their site doesn't make it not misinformation.

mis·in·for·ma·tion
ˌmisinfərˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.
    "nuclear matters are often entangled in a web of secrecy and misinformation"
Then someone would have already filed a lawsuit for false advertising.

If you are happy to spend the extra then go with the MPP you will be happy with either to be honest.

Post a few photos when you get it :)

You were asking about red.
People are trying to help you and answer your questions. Be less prickly plz.

Sorry but you weren't clear in your post that it was the color that caused the dislike for this drone. Seemed like possible hijack of my thread as till now, I didn't make the connection. But didn't this drone come in white and black colors too? Were their threads or market data that said most didn't like the red color?

thanks again and please excuse misunderstanding above.

Please advise me , which are the correct new propellers in the stores? (I have the normal Mavic)

Please advise me , which are the correct new propellers in the stores? (I have the normal Mavic)

8330 are the standard propellers.

8331 are the new low noise propellers.

Reactions: ge0kas
I was on the same fence... and like mentioned above, went the more battery & extras route; then added 2 sets of Platinum Blades. Another benifit on MP, several new or mint used are showing up on eBay... and many include DJI Care Refresh plan & extra parts, batteries, cases and small parts you’ll be buying soon anyway. I went the eBay route and got a combo package, plus 4th battery, cases, and several smaller tidbits; all for way less than than combo price. Then 2 weeks later did the same with a Spark setup for a total of both packages equal to about the cost of a MP Combo package. I personally don’t see the MPP or Apple White package as much of an upgrade and agree a new version isn’t far off. To make it personally unique, applied a “lime green” DecalGirl decal set and loving it!. Good Luck on decision... either way, you’ll have a blast!

The props will last a long time as long as they do not come into contact with anything. Once they strike something, it's usually a good idea to replace them.

All I will say is the MP with the new props is really quiet and it will fly almost 30 minutes on a full charge. Plus I like the darker color. I sort of doubt there is any real difference between the MP and MPP except color and the props.

All I will say is the MP with the new props is really quiet and it will fly almost 30 minutes on a full charge. Plus I like the darker color. I sort of doubt there is any real difference between the MP and MPP except color and the props.
30 minutes?? in what universe? The Mavic will autoland well before 30 minutes. I don't think you'll find many here that are getting more than 24 minutes, and that's cutting it thin.

Should I order extra blades? How durable are these?

I am still using my first set of props and these are almost a year old .......

Having a spare set is a smart move as you never know what might happen.

As indicated above, get the one you desire... and enjoy! We all get into this out of fun & enjoyment first... and every year something is going to be new.

Not meaning to beat the side-bar issue of audio reduction; but... Oddly ,on the DJI site it does indicate 60% audio reduction with the 8331 propellers indicated as one of the primary. Within the same section, the Db Meter is shown for both MP & MPP. The MPP is 5 Db less (rounded: 69 & 74db). Using both statements of audio reduction and without applying any Eng calculations that would suggest 5Db is equal to about a 60% reduction in audio. If the MP with 8331 props has been show to reduce about 3-4Db then it's a 35-45% (40% rounded) reduction. Personally I don't hear a 40% reduction; I do hear a lower pitch change in audio and I'd accept the various tests indicating a 3-4db reduction... although I'd debate if that's 40%. Although, with that stated... it basically minimizes the 60% audio reduction as a critical variable to consider. I'd take the MP with 8331 props, 40% audio reduction, the extra battery and cash for additional gadgets. Enjoy!

I'll second the suggestion about getting the regular Pro. By this time next year there will be another new drone better than all of these as fast as technology is advancing. There really is not THAT much difference. The noise is hard to distinguish, especially at high altitude. Is a minute or so more fly time worth $100?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J