DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: My Samsung S21 Ultra would not work with DJI GO 4 app

Hey, maybe a solution could be to use an onder model Samsung phone only for the flying of the drone.
f.e. I use my old S7 for flying my Mavic while I own a current Samsung because the current have a new USB-C port and the controller for my Mavic has an older mini-USB plug.

Ruud
Hi..
Yes.. that is a quick fix..
Me myself bought an old iphone 6 .. It works well..

But to have a modern phone and cant use it to fly my m2p iritates me...

Hi..
Yes.. that is a quick fix..
Me myself bought an old iphone 6 .. It works well..

But to have a modern phone and cant use it to fly my m2p iritates me...
Hello,
I get the irritation about not using your new phone.
But that will pass quickly in comparison to not being able to fly when you've got a spectaculair view and light.
For me the choice was simple the new phone would be held very flimsy in the controller due to a very small adapter plug from mini-usb to usb-c and I feared the new phone would fall during a flight and smashing the screen.
And as you'll have an older model just lying around is this the cheapest solution.
Best wishes from my side of the Big pond.

Ruud

I'm wondering: What is the issue you are experiencing? I'm using a Samsung S21+ with the DJI Go App 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro. I flew a month ago with no issue at all. Last week I went through my procedures and suddenly the image transmission was breaking up. The App aksed me if I want to fly home, since the videodownlink wasn't stable. Since then I couldn't get it to work. Obviously there must have been something in the last Android update that changed something.

First I thought that there is an issue with the controler, but using my old Nexus Pad, everything works fine.

So anyone else with issues combining the Mavic 2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S21+ and the Mavic controller?

Ya
I'm wondering: What is the issue you are experiencing? I'm using a Samsung S21+ with the DJI Go App 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro. I flew a month ago with no issue at all. Last week I went through my procedures and suddenly the image transmission was breaking up. The App aksed me if I want to fly home, since the videodownlink wasn't stable. Since then I couldn't get it to work. Obviously there must have been something in the last Android update that changed something.

First I thought that there is an issue with the controler, but using my old Nexus Pad, everything works fine.

So anyone else with issues combining the Mavic 2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S21+ and the Mavic controller?
Yah for me it happened after an update.. Before that it works fine..

Well.. the liveview dont work well.. i got image like a second or two then it greyed out.. back and forth like that..

Ya

Yah for me it happened after an update.. Before that it works fine..

Well.. the liveview dont work well.. i got image like a second or two then it greyed out.. back and forth like that..
That describes perfectly what's happening with the Samsung Galaxy S21+, M2P and the DJI Go 4. No matter what framerate I choose, with or without cache recording, the image transmission works for a second, greys out, shows another second, greys out... Is that some decoding issue? Does anyone have an idea? I was alsways happy to have my phone as a backup screen for the Mavic. Would be very disapointed if the S21+ wouldn't be usable with my Mavic.

That describes perfectly what's happening with the Samsung Galaxy S21+, M2P and the DJI Go 4. No matter what framerate I choose, with or without cache recording, the image transmission works for a second, greys out, shows another second, greys out... Is that some decoding issue? Does anyone have an idea? I was alsways happy to have my phone as a backup screen for the Mavic. Would be very disapointed if the S21+ wouldn't be usable with my Mavic.
May i know which variant ur s21+ is? Coz i heard SD ones are working perfectly..

I’m having the same issue, S21 ultra, exynos, mavic 2 pro. Worked fine for ages, then one day, the image transmission just went. It’s either black, or it cycles on and off from grey to colour every second, making the drone unflyable.
Works fine with my wife’s iPhone and my iPad pro but that’s not really ideal.
Crazy that DJI don’t support the latest flagship phones on their pro line of drones.

I’m having the same issue, S21 ultra, exynos, mavic 2 pro. Worked fine for ages, then one day, the image transmission just went. It’s either black, or it cycles on and off from grey to colour every second, making the drone unflyable.
Works fine with my wife’s iPhone and my iPad pro but that’s not really ideal.
Crazy that DJI don’t support the latest flagship phones on their pro line of drones.
Cant agree more.. And come on.. S21u been out for ages already.. isnt like it was out 3 days ago..

From the first time I connected the SC to my M2P, I was NEVER tempted to use anything else.
Thanks for that. I guess you used but a Mavic Air and it seems your Mavic Air choosed the DJI Go as its prefered app to synch to. It did not connect to the DJI Go 4.

Well, I am across the border now in Mexico right now for the weekend. I did not bring my drone with me. I am driving back home to Houston tomorrow. I will try the other apps and see. But I think it seems the S21 Ultra is not currently compatible with the DJI GO 4 app.

That leaves me now with trying to look for a dedicated phone or tablet to connect the dji go 4 app to be able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.

While I currently have now an interest for the ridiculously expensive Smart Controller that is $808 shipped to me from DJI.

I have a 15 days road trip planed this month that starts from April 21st that I absolutely need my drone to be air bound as I will need it for this trip for tons of pictures and some video. It is a solo East coast trip that will take me through about 20 states before I get back home to Texas.

Just yesterday I activated my MAVIC 2 PRO and Guess what ... IS NOT WORKING WITH MY S21 ULTRA EXYNOS!! they are pathetic. Tried Note 20 the normal one not ULTRA and working perfectly.. now I'm selling it to buy an iPhone 12 Pro max..

Just yesterday I activated my MAVIC 2 PRO and Guess what ... IS NOT WORKING WITH MY S21 ULTRA EXYNOS!! they are pathetic. Tried Note 20 the normal one not ULTRA and working perfectly.. now I'm selling it to buy an iPhone 12 Pro max..
Its not samsung's fault.. Dji is pathetic.. Isnt like s21u cannot run dji go 4 due to lack of ram or anything.. Dji just wont bother to release an app tht support latest flagship..

Reactions: 7elevenGR
Its not samsung's fault.. Dji is pathetic.. Isnt like s21u cannot run dji go 4 due to lack of ram or anything.. Dji just wont bother to release an app tht support latest flagship..
Exactly.. and something else I noticed.. dji controller of mavic 2 pro on the left side , the Iphone cable is pre-installed. Hahaha its unbelievable... and also with Apple phone you can disable auto charge your phone. With android you can't.. pfff I'm going for 12 Pro max tomorrow.

Hi guys. Had the same problem with DJI Pilot and Dronelink not working on the S21 Ultra flying the M2ED and the MA2. Bought the phone especially for use with Dronelink since the processing is very fast. Very disappointed.
At least DJI Fly works well. But now I cant fly the M2ED.

I'm on the cusp of upgrading my S9 to an S21 but now I'm aprehensive.
The last thing I need is for it not to work.

I fouind the compatibility list on the DJI web site, and it has no reference to S21 (or the much older S20 for that matter)

Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Is anyone using this with an S21 and Mavic Pro

I'm on the cusp of upgrading my S9 to an S21 but now I'm aprehensive.
The last thing I need is for it not to work.

I fouind the compatibility list on the DJI web site, and it has no reference to S21 (or the much older S20 for that matter)

Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Is anyone using this with an S21 and Mavic Pro
unfortunately the s21 ultra exynos does not work with the DJI GO4 (MAVIC 2). Works with dji fly but this application does not support the mavic 2 pro.

Well I have an S21 5G arriving tomorrow, so I'll know more tomorrow evening.
I have an older Iphone 7 to fall back on in a week or two, so not much of an issue in the long term if it doesn't work.

My new S21 5G connected to the Mavic pro OK last night, although I didn't fly, I only connected.
Shortly after my phone performed a software update.
The DJI Go app still launches, but I havn't had a chance to connect to the Mavic again since.
Initial tests would indicate that everying appears normal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803