DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP, Organizing of mass photos

Rchawks

Reactions
What apps have you used for the Mac to quickly identify and organize groups of photos quickly at a reasonable cost. It would help if it compared photos regardless of file name. I should add I'm trying to do a particular project with hundreds of before and after shots for a slideshow presentation and I'm overwhelmed with the workload. There is no set timeframe but I'm sure there's a faster method than the way I'm doing it.

Last edited:
What apps have you used for the Mac to quickly identify and organize groups of photos quickly at a reasonable cost. It would help if it compared photos regardless of file name. I should add I'm trying to do a particular project with hundreds of before and after shots for a slideshow presentation and I'm overwhelmed with the workload. There is no set timeframe but I'm sure there's a faster method than the way I'm doing it.
I think i would go with Lightroom , and the reason why is that it has a Before and After Hot key built in to it and can Handle photos well and save them in groups quickly.

When you hit the Y key is splits the screen and shows you the Before and After of the Picture and makes the slide show although I have never used it. My shot at making a silloute land scape.

2021-11-27_13h41_23.png

Can you be more specific on "before and after?" Is that before processing and straight from drone and after processing you are looking for? If so, the @Phantomrain.org has a good suggestion.

I use Lightroom as well and I import the files, then save to a separate folder in same directory as the originals - typically Lightroom names it Export, but you can name it anything you want. I create my new folders with date of pictures / name of location before moving my files from the SD cards to my PC. Since I shoot both drone and DSLR, I move the main folder - for my Nikon it's NCD100 or something like that and so it's a subdirectory under the date / name folder. If I want to keep the photo's separate, again in Lightroom I just change the "save to folder" name.

There are some programs that do allow you to find and catalog files, but I've never used one - sorry. There are some "photo sticks" I've seen advertised that also seem to catalog the photo's - probably more so by date or naming convention, but again - don't use them.

Reactions: Rchawks
You could try tags or keywords then search the tags

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.37.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.37.07 AM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 3
Can you be more specific on "before and after?" Is that before processing and straight from drone and after processing you are looking for? If so, the @Phantomrain.org has a good suggestion.

I use Lightroom as well and I import the files, then save to a separate folder in same directory as the originals - typically Lightroom names it Export, but you can name it anything you want. I create my new folders with date of pictures / name of location before moving my files from the SD cards to my PC. Since I shoot both drone and DSLR, I move the main folder - for my Nikon it's NCD100 or something like that and so it's a subdirectory under the date / name folder. If I want to keep the photo's separate, again in Lightroom I just change the "save to folder" name.

There are some programs that do allow you to find and catalog files, but I've never used one - sorry. There are some "photo sticks" I've seen advertised that also seem to catalog the photo's - probably more so by date or naming convention, but again - don't use them.
Didn't see your comments until now. The before and after refers to AP shots from a location taken 15 yrs ago and is being compared to AP of the same area today. I will look into using your method for solving this issue, Thank you for your suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost