DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please lost drone

Hello, and thank you. I did already do that however the GPS lost signal rather early in the flight my daughter had the controller. And was out of sight by the time I realized it. C controller movements and speed is recorded however the actual last known position is not where the Drone ended up. I was hoping that someone knew a program that could follow the movements of the controller and speed to show the potential location. I noticed that it does seem to actually stop every time there is no controller movement so I'm hoping that someone might instruct me on how I could go about figuring out last known position by the movement of the sticks instead of the last known GPS position

The Mavic did not record any GPS coordinates after about 5m 13.9s when it was at 40.18205451, -105.0639574. You (or your daughter) continued to fly for about 6 minutes after that point. There was a light wind blowing toward the northeast and the Mavic was pointed north for most of the time when it was being commanded forward. If that heading is accurate, I can only assume it's somewhere to the northeast of the last location in your flight log. The real unknown is how far did it travel before it auto landed.

Reactions: Ajleoso1
Thank you... the reason I continued to fly it was because at 170 ft I can usually at least hear it. I couldn't hear it because of the traffic near me. I also could not see it. If you notice, when ever the controller stops moving so does the mavic. Even after it lost GPS the speed and the Imu records show that movements correspond to the controller movement. So wouldn't it just land where it was? It wouldn't necessarily float would it?

If you notice, when ever the controller stops moving so does the mavic
In this case, it wouldn't have stopped moving since it was flying in ATTI mode and not using GPS data to hold its horizontal position. With your hands off the sticks, it would have drifted with the wind.

Reactions: Shon
However with no GPS sat connection it shows no movement..... how is that. For the last 5 minutes there was no gps and only controller movement causing it to move. That doesnt make sense. If it were drifting, it would not stop would it?

Look into the last 5 minutes and other than fractions of a second it stays still when there are no satellite

I could be wrong but if no GPS to record position it would appear to be stationary until the GPS got another lock then it would show the new position if it had drifted with the wind.

Reactions: tleedom
I could be wrong but if no GPS to record position it would appear to be stationary until the GPS got another lock then it would show the new position if it had drifted with the wind.
And that's what you'll see if you look at the data in the flight log above. The GPS coordinates do not change even though the Mavic is clearly moving.

Reactions: tleedom
Could anyone help get a better idea of where my mavic is? It lost signal my daughter was flying and by the time I dropped the altitude I had no idea where it would be and couldn't see it or hearView attachment 69574

If you can retrieve the mobile device DAT file for this flight (FLY493.DAT) then I think it will likely contain additional data that will be helpful.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: hpuxman
why did it not RTH
With the loss of GPS it did not know where home was. The question is why did it lose GPS and switch into ATTI mode after ~5 minutes of flight? The area looks fairly flat so it should have excellent GPS reception. Perhaps there was some magnetic interference that forced the switch to ATTI. Does that show in the logs?

Reactions: DeeRose
With the loss of GPS it did not know where home was. The question is why did it lose GPS and switch into ATTI mode after ~5 minutes of flight? The area looks fairly flat so it should have excellent GPS reception. Perhaps there was some magnetic interference that forced the switch to ATTI. Does that show in the logs?

I'm not sure that it actually lost satellite reception. Even early in the flight there were significant discrepancies between the IMU and the GPS data as shown below, which ultimately led to "speed error" and the switch to ATTI mode. At that point the txt log stops reporting GPS position updates, but that doesn't mean that the GPS module is not receiving data. The GPS data themselves are recorded separately in the DAT log.

Reactions: shehant2009
I'm not sure that it actually lost satellite reception. Even early in the flight there were significant discrepancies between the IMU and the GPS data as shown below, which ultimately led to "speed error" and the switch to ATTI mode. At that point the txt log stops reporting GPS position updates, but that doesn't mean that the GPS module is not receiving data. The GPS data themselves are recorded separately in the DAT log.
Do you think magnetic interference at the launch site would cause this? If so, normally the ATTI mode switch happens much sooner. Right?

Thank you sho much everyone. I am bavk til the search and am retrieving DAT FILE NOW. what is best used to read it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy