DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help--Unlocking GeoZone...got further than I thought I would but still stuck!

dwolfe002

Reactions
I plan to fly at a site with no internet connection nearby so I went to flysafe (on my computer) and tried to unlock a GeoZone (blue, airport runway) that ends in the area where I want to fly. After finally figuring out that I had to click on the pin at the airport instead of moving the character on the bottom right to where I wanted to fly, I got through it. So then I get an SMS message with a code and put it in and it seemed everything worked fine. But now, although I don't know where this license is on my computer, I'm guessing that I need to transfer it to the ipad/controller/aircraft or at least one of them. The only thing is, I don't know what to transfer or how to do it or if I need to start over completely on the ipad or if I'm up the wrong tree completely. I was planning to go fly the area tomorrow or Sunday to get a feel for going through GeoZones but have to get this figured out first.

Thanks for any and all help!

The license should show up in your DJI Go 4 app if you open it while connected to the internet. You can find it if you click the "Me" button on the bottom right corner of the initial screen you see when you open the app. Then click "More", and finally "GEO Zone Unlocking Applications". If you see it there, it should automatically transfer to your drone once connected, or I believe there an button there to manually copy over the authorization.

The license should show up in your DJI Go 4 app if you open it while connected to the internet. You can find it if you click the "Me" button on the bottom right corner of the initial screen you see when you open the app. Then click "More", and finally "GEO Zone Unlocking Applications". If you see it there, it should automatically transfer to your drone once connected, or I believe there an button there to manually copy over the authorization.

So it doesn't matter if I did it on the computer or not? Don't know what the problem is. I checked and the ipad is connected to the internet and then followed your directions but see nothing under "My unlock NFZ application". One thing I forgot to mention is that I asked for the unlock for 3/8/2019 and it should last for 3 days. Could that be why I don't have one on the ipad yet. Maybe I'm a day early and $1500 short!:oops:

Take care and happy flying!

That make sense. Check again tomorrow.

Thanks, will check in the morning. I'm trying to get this all worked out before I really start flying in the spring. I would prefer no surprises and a good knowledge of how this all works.

Here is a pretty detailed link on how to unlock a NFZ on a computer. You can unlock multiple zones or unlock a given zone multiple days in succession. an unlock is good for three consecutive days starting at midnight and unlocked for three days ending at midnight of the third day. You can unlock on your display but IMHO it is easier on a laptop.

Detailed directions unlocking NFZ - instructions on how to self-authorize

Here is a pretty detailed link on how to unlock a NFZ on a computer. You can unlock multiple zones or unlock a given zone multiple days in succession. an unlock is good for three consecutive days starting at midnight and unlocked for three days ending at midnight of the third day. You can unlock on your display but IMHO it is easier on a laptop.

Detailed directions unlocking NFZ - instructions on how to self-authorize

Last night I did exactly what the directions show and got a verification code. Put that in and the website said it was successful. I get up this morning and check for the license and it's not there. I checked to make sure the ipad was connected to the internet and it was. Opened dji go 4 and tapped the "me" and it took me to something like My NFZ Application. Hit that and all I had was a white screen. Saw a refresh button, hit that, same thing...white screen. Then rebooted the ipad, turned on the remote and tried everything again. Same result. Then turned everything off and restarted everything and turned on the aircraft also, both before and after powering the remote. Same result. So around 9 am EST I went back to apply for thee license again and followed all procedures and the result was the same. Verifications successful! This time I just let whatever dates were there stay there so it would activate today. So, rinse and repeat the above and I still don't have a license. I even went to the place I plan to fly at yesterday and tried to take off to verify it was a NFZ. That's the only thing that has worked so far. I definitely cannot take off there! So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks and happy flying! (wish I could)

Last night I did exactly what the directions show and got a verification code. Put that in and the website said it was successful. I get up this morning and check for the license and it's not there. I checked to make sure the ipad was connected to the internet and it was. Opened dji go 4 and tapped the "me" and it took me to something like My NFZ Application. Hit that and all I had was a white screen. Saw a refresh button, hit that, same thing...white screen. Then rebooted the ipad, turned on the remote and tried everything again. Same result. Then turned everything off and restarted everything and turned on the aircraft also, both before and after powering the remote. Same result. So around 9 am EST I went back to apply for thee license again and followed all procedures and the result was the same. Verifications successful! This time I just let whatever dates were there stay there so it would activate today. So, rinse and repeat the above and I still don't have a license. I even went to the place I plan to fly at yesterday and tried to take off to verify it was a NFZ. That's the only thing that has worked so far. I definitely cannot take off there! So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks and happy flying! (wish I could)

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I still cannot get a license to appear in the DJI GO 4 app. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but don't know what. I was wondering if someone here would be willing to call me and walk me through it. I have been approved twice, once for self unlocking and then after emailing flysafe they suggested going through custom unlocking and was granted a license for that. The problem I seem to have is getting it on the ipad. Still show nothing in the NFZ application area under "me". The dji instuctions say to go into camera mode after turning on the remote and the aircraft but when I turn those on the GO 4 app goes directly to GO FLY. When I can select camera view by changing the order of turning things on, there is nothing in the NFZ application list and nothing in the app and nothing under general settings "unlocking license list". I was wondering if there was a kind soul on this forum that may be willing to give me a call and talk me through it. I will post my phone # if there is. Remember, I am trying to get a license at home for an area without internet connection!
Thanks,
Doug

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I still cannot get a license to appear in the DJI GO 4 app. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but don't know what. I was wondering if someone here would be willing to call me and walk me through it. I have been approved twice, once for self unlocking and then after emailing flysafe they suggested going through custom unlocking and was granted a license for that. The problem I seem to have is getting it on the ipad. Still show nothing in the NFZ application area under "me". The dji instuctions say to go into camera mode after turning on the remote and the aircraft but when I turn those on the GO 4 app goes directly to GO FLY. When I can select camera view by changing the order of turning things on, there is nothing in the NFZ application list and nothing in the app and nothing under general settings "unlocking license list". I was wondering if there was a kind soul on this forum that may be willing to give me a call and talk me through it. I will post my phone # if there is. Remember, I am trying to get a license at home for an area without internet connection!
Thanks,
Doug

I had to reload the DJI app, which I just loaded 3 weeks ago, and everything is good. Thanks for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizP