DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! What happend to my video?

TooTall

Reactions
I was flying without an SD card (I know... rookie mistake) but it gave me a prompt that it would download the video to my Phone (Pixel 4XL... should have plenty of room and write speed) so I pressed on only to find out that I cannot for the life of me find where the video went... has anyone had this problem? Did I just lose the most beautiful sunset I've seen?

I wasn't aware it would do that. At best it will be a cache video at 720p.
Did it start recording despite no SD or did it refuse to start recording?

Android or iOS?

If it was attempting to actually download the video by wifi from onboard memory of the MM (not sure the MM has on board storage ? maybe), then it should have done so at full res used in recording.
I use wifi regularly for photos and small video transfer from my M1P onboard microSD, after landing.

Did it do this while airbourne, and still recording ?
If so, it takes a while on the ground to do this, I usually do it while packing up, sometimes I let it finish in the vehicle as I drive towards next stop.

I can only imagine it does this to free up the onboard storage space again, but it seems odd to do in flight as this takes time, even at 1080 I generally record.
If you were shooting 2.7, it would be a while too.

If this was a prompt when you started taking footage aloft, then it might have meant "Do you want to record to download for cached video ?", rather than any onboard drive.

I just tried it. It acts as if it has onboard storage, since when I finished a 2 minute recording and brief flight, it popped up saying aircraft storage full, can only take screenshots and screen recording. I think that's what it said.

Under Albums, my recordings were there but as cache video: 720p. Previous recordings in album have "cache" at the top where these do not.

So, you can find a low resolution recording under Album, where you can upload it.

This test was with an Android tablet. Actual cache video file is under DJI/DJI.Go.v5/DJI FLY/Video

I just tried it. It acts as if it has onboard storage, since when I finished a 2 minute recording and brief flight, it popped up saying aircraft storage full, can only take screenshots and screen recording. I think that's what it said.

Under Albums, my recordings were there but as cache video: 720p. Previous recordings in album have "cache" at the top where these do not.

So, you can find a low resolution recording under Album, where you can upload it.

This test was with an Android tablet. Actual cache video file is under DJI/DJI.Go.v5/DJI FLY/Video
Ok great I'll see if I can find that... what program do you guys use to record your phone/tablet screen? I'd like to get a screen recording to show you guys whats going on. It's giving me a record timer and everything and no error after I stop recording which makes me think it's saving the file somewhere. Thanks for all your help!

Without a card in mine, says "no SD card" in flight status when not flying, picture of SD card in shutter button.

I only got the pop-up once.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+