DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with binding controller, Mavic Air 2

Ronsil

Reactions
Hi, I really do hope someone might be able to help.

I have bought a second hand Air 2 fly more.
I went to use it for the first time but it keeps coming up saying the controller is not bound to the craft.
So, i have followed the instructions to bind it and I get another error saying the craft is bound to another account, it shows a serial of another controller and it says to login to that account.

I know the previous own was using a smart controller with the Air 2 so I assume this is what the craft is bound too.
When I look further in DJI app it shows the craft is bound to a DJI account for DJI refresh and it shows some digits of an email address which is the previous owners email.

I have messaged the previous owner but not had a reply as yet, I sent it 3 days ago ☹️

I wondered if anyone knows if there is much I can do!? It appears the craft is still bound to the smart controller of the previous owner and when I follow the binding instructions for the normal controller it says it is bound to another controller and I need to me logged in as the previous account to remove it.

I hope there is a solution I have not tried and any help you may be able to give would be very much appreciated.

thank you
Ron

There should be a way to Reset the Controller , not the drone.

look for Restore Factory Defaults in the Controller.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

How or where did you buy it?
If via ebay would its current state not render it "not as described"?
If you look at Unbinding Dilemma
it appears it might be possible for the seller to unbind it but whether they can do that remotely I do not know.

What you can do, I think, Is uninstall your DJI FLY app. Then reinstall it while being connected to the internet. It will ask you to login.. Use your credentials and you should be able to sync the aircraft to your remote. Did you allready try this?

See this thread: How to unbind a used drone. How do i unbind a used drone

I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 from Amazon "Scratch and Dent" but when it was received looked NEW. Worked find on Mini 2 controller that came with it but when I linked it to my Smart Controller "Unable to take off pop up on screen after opening FLY APP" provided option of "Change Bound Device" "Unbind" or Cancel.

I did try "Cancel" and screen disappeared that but still "Unable to take off"

Change and Unbind did not work (something about Account Info did not match) But worked fine when I used controller that came with it. I called DJI Support and was told this unit was registered to someone else and they would not UN-Bind the account it was registered to (At this point my Smart Controller was useless with this Mini 2).

I called amazon and they are sending me another one "Hopefully this one works",

Moral of story,,, If someone has already registered the Drone/Controller you cannot use a different controller. BAD DJI as I could have provided proof of purchase but they did not care!

Attachments

• IMG_1605.JPG
    IMG_1605.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 3
I think all you needed to do was unbind the drone from the controller it came with (the one that was working). Then you can bind with the SC. The drone will only work with a single controller at a time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan