DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with MA map arrow

Bigbird48

Reactions
Problem arrow points to home. but home is not were the home point is. it use to but now does not.
was in a crash sent in for repair, got a different drone back from the one I sent in,
all firmware is updated. IMU and Comp calibrated.
Home point registers on start up.
any ideas why the arrow does not point to home

better explaination
if I point the arrow on the map towards the H the drone flys towards the H on the map but is not flying towards me and were it took off from it going in another direction.
I have not moved.

The Drone needs GPS-lock in order to set the homepoint. Make sure you are in an open location (unobstructed view of the sky) Then turn everything on and wait for the GPS-lock. This can take some time (up to a few min). Then the homepoint H should appear at your current location.

If you have the voice of your phone/tablet turned on, you will hear:
♪ ♫ "the homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map" ♪ ♫

If it does not do this it might be a GPS issue.

If you read my post completely you will notice that I mentioned the home point was set. I had 18 sats and a Lock

never really noticed. never had this problem before. I was always able to turn the drone so the arrow pointed towards the H and it would come back to me. now it goes off in another direction.
let me revise that when taking off the arrow is over the H and covers it up. the arrow is facing which way the drone is headed

Problem arrow points to home. but home is not were the home point is. it use to but now does not.
better explanation
if I point the arrow on the map towards the H the drone flys towards the H on the map but is not flying towards me and were it took off from it going in another direction.
I have not moved.
I can't work out what your problem is from your explanation.
Are you suggesting that the H on the map is not the home point?
How far away is it from the home point?
If you post some recorded flight data, from a flight where you returned and landed at the launch point it might help.

See the arrow thats were my home point is
See the H it not were my home point is it actually 5 or 600 feet nFlight path H point.jpgorth of were I am on someone else's property .
if I were to hit RTH my drone would go there and land in someone eles's yard and be gone. Trust me I tried it and had to cancel rth and bring it back to my home manully

If GPS coordinates are deviating that much, you'll need to send it back to DJI.
GPS can have inaccuracies, but not by 500ft! Even if home point was being recorded based on RC position, which isn't the default, it isn't likely you're launching with the AC 500ft away from you.

Verify you don't have dynamic home point enabled, if that's even an option with Air.

See the arrow thats were my home point is
See the H it not were my home point is it actually 5 or 600 feet north of were I am on someone else's property .
WTH?
The only arrow I see is the drone, and it's at the same place as the H, but you're jsut saying both are not at the same place... o_O

See the arrow thats were my home point isSee the H it not were my home point is it actually 5 or 600 feet north of were I am on someone else's property .
if I were to hit RTH my drone would go there and land in someone eles's yard and be gone. Trust me I tried it and had to cancel rth and bring it back to my home manully

It's still unclear exactly what your problem is.
Can you rephrase it?

Also provide some actual flight data.
To do that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

The screenshot of the end of the playback indicates aircraft 9ft from RC or takeoff.

Sometimes I confuse the literal position of the H with the actual pinpoint position of homepoint noted by the point of the bottom of the icon.

its funny the other day I was using my tablet to fly today I used my phone and it didn't have that problem.Things were working right again. think I'll just use the phone from now on thank for all the replies. sorry some of you couldn't understand my explanation

The screenshot of the end of the playback indicates aircraft 9ft from RC or takeoff.

Sometimes I confuse the literal position of the H with the actual pinpoint position of homepoint noted by the point of the bottom of the icon.
and my altitude is -4 ft hmm that intresting

its funny the other day I was using my tablet to fly today I used my phone and it didn't have that problem.Things were working right again. think I'll just use the phone from now on
Phone or tablet would not make any difference to these things.
and my altitude is -4 ft hmm that intresting
You really need to supply more information if you want useful comments.
But I'm guessing that you are concerned about a 9ft location difference?
If so, that's nothing at all out of the ordinary.
GPS is not pinpoint accurate and can easily be +/- 2 metres, sometimes more.
If your homepoint was -2 metres and the position of the Phantom is + 2 metres, that would account for a 4 meter "error" even though you were talking about the same actual point.

As for the barometric height being a few feet different at the end of the flight, that's quite normal.
As the Phantom heats up, the barometer readings will change slightly and ypur local air pressur can also change a little over the duration of a flight.

Like I sdaid it works ok with my phone something way pff on the tablet using phone only now so I guess Im goos

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB