DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with sharper vido image

thomasjsangster

Reactions
Hi, everyone. I purchased my MPP a couple weeks ago and I am just trying to get my video to be sharper. I have done everything they said do on the internet with gimbal calibration, IMU calibration and Compass Calibration. I have also played around with several different settings that people have recommended online. I need some help because I don't feel the quality of my footage looks like those that have been posted. The video is grainy and not sharp.

Hi, everyone. I purchased my MPP a couple weeks ago and I am just trying to get my video to be sharper. I have done everything they said do on the internet with gimbal calibration, IMU calibration and Compass Calibration. I have also played around with several different settings that people have recommended online. I need some help because I don't feel the quality of my footage looks like those that have been posted. The video is grainy and not sharp.
could you show an example?
What camera settings do you use? Auto or manual, if manual, what settings exactly? Do you use ND filters? If so what grade?
It should give a decent result, even in full Auto and a style like Vivid. Providing that the ISO is at 200 max. Anything above that will introduce noise.

Sorry for the late reply. I shot some examples for you today. I am using Auto on ISO/Shutter and white balance. I have a set of ND filters but I haven’t played around with them yet. I have been shooting in D-Cinilike. Here is a link to several different settings that I shot today. I am using the score board as a reference for clarity and sharpness. I am still not impressed with the quality of any of it. I feel it should be better. I have definitely seen much better quality online from this drone. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

On my old macbook it looks pretty decent to me. I would have to look at this on my 4K monitor of course.

I prefer manual everything, manual white balance, D-Log with +1 for sharpness and the rest on 0. In post I always increase sharpness and contrast a tiny bit. But it's always a trade off, certainly with these little sensors. It's a decent camera but not a miracle.

Reactions: thomasjsangster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman