DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aiming towards a point on my DJI RC, but my Mini 3 Pro is flying in another direction.

thesotman

Reactions
Hi,
I'm having an issue with my Mini 3 Pro,
When I'm flying towards a point with the DJI RC, but the drone is flying in another direction.
The drone is flying a little towards the left.
There was hardly any wind. I also did a compass and IMU calibration, but it hasn't helped.
Please help, Thanks.

upload the log of an affected flight to
download the csv and compare the yaw angles for the drone and the gimbal.
I'd guess you are targeting/aiming and judging things by the screen, any difference between drone heading/yaw and gimbal heading/yaw will, on the screen, make it appear as if the drone has sideways drift.

When I'm flying towards a point with the DJI RC, but the drone is flying in another direction.
The drone is flying a little towards the left.
The usual cause for what you are describing is the gimbal being slightly off centre and needing adjusting.
The drone flies straight, but it looks like it's moving off toward one side.

In addition to what others have said, (in particular first take a look at the gimbal as @Meta4 said), these drones hold a heading well, but do not hold a course automatically. A strong crosswind can push you off course if you're flying toward something you're keeping centered in the camera view.

Last edited:
Don't forget to calibrate the remote too. You'll be able to see if the sticks are working properly.

The usual cause for what you are describing is the gimbal being slightly off centre and needing adjusting.
The drone flies straight, but it looks like it's moving off toward one side.
How do I re-center the gimbal?

How do you calibrate the remote? Thanks.
Before you go adjusting things that problely don't need adjusting first check some recorded flight data to see if there's actually a problem with the drone not flying straight.
You'll probably find that it is flying straight, which moves you to solving what makes you think it isn't flying straight.
That's most likely the thing that I suggested earlier.

upload the log of an affected flight to
download the csv and compare the yaw angles for the drone and the gimbal.
I'd guess you are targeting/aiming and judging things by the screen, any difference between drone heading/yaw and gimbal heading/yaw will, on the screen, make it appear as if the drone has sideways drift.
Is there a video tutorial on how to do this? It's a bit confusing for me to follow. Thanks.

How do I re-center the gimbal?
The app settings jhave lots of useful things.
Explore and you find things like these:
i-pZDD382-M.jpg

i-86bKv57-M.jpg

i-fsFrFZ5-M.jpg

Is there a video tutorial on how to do this? It's a bit confusing for me to follow. Thanks.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.