DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here we go again. Smartcontroller availability is waning.

Former Member

Reactions
When the Mavic first came out, DJI was in short supply, but released it anyway. Payment was sent, months passed, and I still didnt have my Mavic. Now with the Smartcontroller, it's deja vu all over again. At least this time, DJI is not taking peoples money for preorders, and not sending product.

DJI released the Smartcontroller, but has now raised the price, its only currently available bundled with a Mavic 2, and no sign when more will be coming.

Makes you wonder if it's being done to fleece everyone. Pretty shady but ( Mod Removed Langage ) they got the best drones. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Former Member
DJI released the Smartcontroller, but has now raised the price
The increased price seems to be unrelated. Over the past day, they've raised the price between about 10%-15% on many of the products in the DJI Store.

Looks like the tariffs might be starting to take affect on us poor drone owners:

Reactions: Thomas B
The increased price seems to be unrelated. Over the past day, they've raised the price between about 10%-15% on many of the products in the DJI Store.
Since it's a Chinese company, and most big Chinese companies are Chinese Government owned, wonder if they had inside info on the economy war we are having with them and using the info to raise prices. We need competition.

Since it's a Chinese company, and most big Chinese companies are Chinese Government owned, wonder if they had inside info on the economy war we are having with them and using the info to raise prices. We need competition.

You know, you bring up an interesting point. I wonder if the new release camera or whatever is coming out tomorrow, is going to be a higher price than they had originally expected it to sell for due to the tariffs?

As you said, we need competition, and GoPro will have an advantage being a domestic USA company, and avoid the import tariffs. Believe it or not, a 10-15% lower price could give GoPro a huge advantage in sales. Sometimes thats your entire profit margin when selling new items.

Reactions: Dronage
You know, you bring up an interesting point. I wonder if the new release camera or whatever is coming out tomorrow, is going to be a higher price than they had originally expected it to sell for due to the tariffs?

As you said, we need competition, and GoPro will have an advantage being a domestic USA company, and avoid the import tariffs. Believe it or not, a 10-15% lower price could give GoPro a huge advantage in sales. Sometimes thats your entire profit margin when selling new items.
I will have to visit REI and see what the label on the gopro says about where it is manufactured? US? China? Mexico? ????

I will have to visit REI and see what the label on the gopro says about where it is manufactured? US? China? Mexico? ????

Good question. Well, if the parts are made elsewhere, but its assembled in the USA, I would guess that there wouldnt be a tariff.

Good question. Well, if the parts are made elsewhere, but its assembled in the USA, I would guess that there wouldnt be a tariff.
Listen, the bus/ferry pass we use in Seattle is going up in price due to tariffs. I guess the chips in the cards affect the price. Speculation on the price of sneakers (as the article called them) was in yesterday's news. Being from Da Bronx, they were always sneakers but no one ran in those days! Actually, people did run in those days but from the cops and zip guns. (g)

Last edited:

Absolutely! I would buy purely American if they created a drone as good as the DJI ones. The market is ripe for Americans to take over with less expensive drones due to the tariffs. They need to take advantage now.

It would depend on where the parts were made. If the parts were made in China then they could also be exposed to the higher tariff rate. I may actually go look at the TUSA. To figure out how it will hit DJI.

Absolutely! I would buy purely American if they created a drone as good as the DJI ones. The market is ripe for Americans to take over with less expensive drones due to the tariffs. They need to take advantage now.
That's really is the point of a Tariff rate. What company is there that manufactures Drones in the United States. Autel is US based but I think their product comes from China? Going to need to do some research.

Did a little research. DJI, AUTEL and YUNEEC are all Chinese Companies. The hobby is going to be more expensive to maintain.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato