DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey all from a wet and windy UK

jazzyj

Reactions
Hi all,

Toying with the idea of getting a Drone... Yawn, I'm sure you've all heard that 000 times.

I've read up on the drone code and the updated laws I think I know enough to be dangerous.

Mini 2 seems a better bet given its swerve of the regulations, but the Air 2 is clearly a much better unit, obstacle ovoidance seems handy for newbies, no?

I live in Haslemere, Surrey and would love to know if any bods on here live close by and find themselves with enough locations to fly, without stepping the wrong side of the law. I'd love to see some in action and what can be done around where I live. Anyone close?

Its all hypothetical at the moment, I love the idea of it, but presently am unsure to take the plunge given the seemingly limited spots to fly it (more so with the MA2, but also to some extent with the MM2).

Thoughts opinions and comments welcome.

Jamie

@jazzyj welcome to the forum hi Jamie,the Mini 2 will give you more scope from the point of view ,as to where you can fly ,and the flymore combo is a very good way to get into the hobby ,if you want to benefit from the better performance, and number of auto flying modes then the MA2 is the one to go for, with the proviso, that to benefit fully ,you will need to pass the A2 C of C course ,on top of the Flyer ID test and drone registration for the Mini2

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

MA2 or MM2 ...

tenor.gif

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland jazzyj

Looks like you're getting good advice already. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

obstacle ovoidance seems handy for newbies, no?
Not so much. It's usually better for newbies to fly in wide open locations. When doing that, there will be no obstacles to crash into.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman