DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey there! Dead / Hot Pixels... Too Much or Normal?

McDego

Reactions
Hey there,
Check out these pictures. It seems to me there are way too many hot pixels (green and red dots) in these pictures. Am I wrong? Is it common to have this many hot pixels under these conditions? I'm leaning toward returning the 2S, but thought I'd check with everyone to see if this is normal or not. Thx for any feedback.

Flying an Air 2S, shooting RAW
Full quality and camera settings found here:

DJI_0071.jpeg

DJI_0073.jpeg

DJI_0076.jpeg

DJI_0082.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Couple of things:

1. What were your camera settings (I couldn't find them)?
  2. You posted this in the 'Pilot Check-in' area which is basically new group members saying 'Hello' . . .
  3. Repost this in the Photos and Video section under 'Video Critiques' or 'Photo & Video Showcase'.
Plenty of photographers in that section that will help you with image clarity . . . they will jump right on this.

Hope this helps! Welcome aboard!

So I do see what your seeing with pixels, but these picture are out of focus an blurry, not sure this is a good representation of Dead Pixels or just really shaky camera with the Tower Lights.

Also it will help everyone if you post Pictures of Higher Resolution so we can zoom in and determine better ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52 and MA2 317
Hello from the Crossroads of America McDego.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum, great bunch of people, friendly and helpful.

As already stated, wrong forum for this.

Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. I viewed the photos and would agree with Phantomrain, I would have expected better from the Air 2. Having said that I appreciate the setup of the shots. If they had been in focus they would have been great.
Regards

Welcome to the forum! Couple of things:

1. What were your camera settings (I couldn't find them)?
  2. You posted this in the 'Pilot Check-in' area which is basically new group members saying 'Hello' . . .
  3. Repost this in the Photos and Video section under 'Video Critiques' or 'Photo & Video Showcase'.
Plenty of photographers in that section that will help you with image clarity . . . they will jump right on this.

Hope this helps! Welcome aboard!
Got it.

Thx for the replies everyone! I reposted to Photos and Video section.
The full quality and camera setting can be found on the flickr site, but I've included them in the repost.
I'm no professional, but would focus affect hot pixels???
Repost to Photo and Video section link: Air 2s - Hey there, Dead / Hot Pixels... Too Much or Normal?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The pictures you posted are still not full quality, but you should point out what you think are the missing pixels and I think they might just be lights .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

The pictures you posted are still not full quality, but you should point out what you think are the missing pixels and I think they might just be lights .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Hey Phantomrain.org, the hot / dead pixel are really all over. But with my eyes, they definitely stand out on the top left, top right and bottom left. I uploaded the full quality pictures to the repost: Air 2s - Hey there, Dead / Hot Pixels... Too Much or Normal?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
In the attachments ignore the red and yellow marks to the left, they are demarcation points between the layers/bands I swept/scanned across. I am no photographer but......
I started marking/counting the 'odd' pixels I saw but only got part way through 8091D, it was taking too long.
Attached are my findings.
To me it seems that the odd pixels are in different places in each photo, if they were actual faulty pixels shouldn't their position remain constant? That's a genuine question.
Could it be the program that processes the images is introducing colour errors due to the low light levels and exposure lengths.
What concerns me more is the number of white pixels in 935D that are below the skyline, some could be star reflections from the river but that wouldn't explain the ones that appear on the bridge deck

Attachments

• AB9AC7B2-AFDB-4D9F-9982-2EA217F8091D_1_100_o.jpeg
    AB9AC7B2-AFDB-4D9F-9982-2EA217F8091D_1_100_o.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 5
  • F4A7B11A-5D80-4F59-B51C-5F08DFFE935D_1_100_o.jpeg
    F4A7B11A-5D80-4F59-B51C-5F08DFFE935D_1_100_o.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
Now that i have seen these pictures full size, these were a hot mess,
You have Very low Light, with wrong ISO with the pics being very blurry so I would discount these pictures for any accurate response to your camera.

Try some optimal pictures to represent with first.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain Land on the Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear