DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Birmingham, AL

forrest321

Reactions
Greetings all, my name is Forrest and I'm a software engineer based in Birmingham, AL. I passed the part 107 exam last week and picked up a Mavic 2 Pro to get started in the professional realm. I've been hobby flying quads for years, usually just crashing them as an amateur. I'm looking forward to crashing them on a professional level now and excited to get started!

Attachments

• DJI_0015.JPG
    DJI_0015.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 15
Welcome Forrest, I am new too. How you liking that M2P so far? I'm still on the fence considering M2P, M2ED n Phantom4pro. Of course I'd really love a Inspire 2, yet my day will come I hope. Hope you get a warm welcome but it's really up to each other flyers here. Glad I found it as I've learned some since joining. Later Ty

Reactions: forrest321
As of right now, it has only been in the air once. I'm trying to do everything by the book with this aircraft and all associated gear, so it seems like I've spent far more time doing the legwork to get prepared to fly than actual flying.

The initial flight was great. It was in GPS position mode for the whole flight of about 14mins. Took off at 70% and landed at 20%, so it looks like the battery life is as expected, around 30 mins. It was steady even in gusts of 23+mph winds, and controls were perfectly responsive.

Being such a short flight, there was not a lot of media gathered. What was gathered was crisp, clear, and probably not configured for best results. Also my SD card was too slow, and the mav complained about that constantly. Today's flight(s) should provide more airtime since firmware is now updated, props are installed, etc.

Thanks for the welcome. Cheers!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings all, my name is Forrest and I'm a software engineer based in Birmingham, AL. I passed the part 107 exam last week and picked up a Mavic 2 Pro to get started in the professional realm. I've been hobby flying quads for years, usually just crashing them as an amateur. I'm looking forward to crashing them on a professional level now and excited to get started!
Hi Forest , I 459 -65 interchange , I know that area well .
I am from Springville Al area but now live in Western NC.
Welcome to a great forum , lots of discussions and some very knowledgable people .

ND4W
Mike

As of right now, it has only been in the air once. I'm trying to do everything by the book with this aircraft and all associated gear, so it seems like I've spent far more time doing the legwork to get prepared to fly than actual flying.

The initial flight was great. It was in GPS position mode for the whole flight of about 14mins. Took off at 70% and landed at 20%, so it looks like the battery life is as expected, around 30 mins. It was steady even in gusts of 23+mph winds, and controls were perfectly responsive.

Being such a short flight, there was not a lot of media gathered. What was gathered was crisp, clear, and probably not configured for best results. Also my SD card was too slow, and the mav complained about that constantly. Today's flight(s) should provide more airtime since firmware is now updated, props are installed, etc.

Thanks for the welcome. Cheers!
Thanks for the kind reply Forrest. You made me hit the Amazon button for 3k my M2P n well deserved options, at least by myself opinion.

Ma is not going to be happy, but she's never on the same page. lol. I don't know if you know about the Marco Polo tracker? But might be a good thing for any of us flyers. I got one coming n a MC drone case.

Sounds like you are allot like me, cuz I have flooded my head with drones n issues vs this n that ect. Along with 100 hrs plus of utube videos, but will follow a few while picking out my settings n such.

Dumb question, do you have to download some type of airmap for the area you are flying? That's one thing I can't understand or remember?
Ole paradog at this end, an my memory isn't what it once was. Shoot me anything else you discover about the M2P as it'll be interesting for sure. Are you going to get DJI Refresh warranty? I gotta get, later. Thanks again, Ty

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, Congrats on your certification. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nilesh