DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Charlotte, NC

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

WELCOME to the forum :)

You might want to check up on more than JUST the GEOFENCE!! If you're inside CONTROLLED airspace you also need a LAANC authorization or a DroneZone authorization (If LAANC is not available).

Edit: Yes CLT (Charlotte/Douglas Intl ) does participate in LAANC

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

BigAl07
thank you for the information - I am not planning on flying anywhere near the airport! And yes I am inside controlled airspace. Another reason why I haven't started flying yet - I will find a suiitable area for my maiden and future flights.jSs7VO12qSpB9i-5Anxzk8h6CS2U6xYkpH5VfAbU7S2Rmsp5L5hTul2Qe9dD6dmyh-F-JzCg68MjEa4K5l1Rq5hyAMEGCl...png

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the Forum........I am also new to the Charlotte Area and will be looking to fly soon. I have read good things about the Charlotte Drone Meetup Group that flies at the old KNights Stadium site in Fort Mill.

Just picked up a Mavic 2 pro. I fly R/C planes but this is my first drone. Hope to maiden this weekend - still reading documentation and watching tutorial vids.

I live so close to the CLT aiport that I am inside the geofence so I will have to find someplace a bit safer to fly.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes