DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Charlotte, NC

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

WELCOME to the forum :)

You might want to check up on more than JUST the GEOFENCE!! If you're inside CONTROLLED airspace you also need a LAANC authorization or a DroneZone authorization (If LAANC is not available).

Edit: Yes CLT (Charlotte/Douglas Intl ) does participate in LAANC

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

BigAl07
thank you for the information - I am not planning on flying anywhere near the airport! And yes I am inside controlled airspace. Another reason why I haven't started flying yet - I will find a suiitable area for my maiden and future flights.jSs7VO12qSpB9i-5Anxzk8h6CS2U6xYkpH5VfAbU7S2Rmsp5L5hTul2Qe9dD6dmyh-F-JzCg68MjEa4K5l1Rq5hyAMEGCl...png

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the Forum........I am also new to the Charlotte Area and will be looking to fly soon. I have read good things about the Charlotte Drone Meetup Group that flies at the old KNights Stadium site in Fort Mill.

Just picked up a Mavic 2 pro. I fly R/C planes but this is my first drone. Hope to maiden this weekend - still reading documentation and watching tutorial vids.

I live so close to the CLT aiport that I am inside the geofence so I will have to find someplace a bit safer to fly.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan