DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Melbourne Australia

inca53

Reactions
Hi guys I am new to flying I have a hobby drone atm but am looking at getting either mini2 or second hand air 1 any advice would be welcome
Finances a bit tight due to covid .Also looking at getting repl in the near future.
Anyone in the western suburbs of Melbourne want to meet up

Welcome to the forum! :)

either mini2 or second hand air 1
Know the differences? You can compare them here.

I own both and I'd personally go with the Mini 2 if I could only keep one. I like the new remote controller, extra flight time, and OcuSync 2.0 (vs Wif-Fi in the Mavic Air).

Welcome to the forum! I had the Air1, and it was my favourite drone. Nice and compact, great camera spec. But, the wifi control system was a bit cack.
I now have a Mini2, and it’s great. The Occusynch transmission system makes it so much better. I don’t miss the active track, as I never used it - but I do miss tap fly and orbit from the Air. I don’t miss the avoidance sensors either as I am always careful. I prefer the Mini2 controller. It’s better to have the screen above the sticks, and it feels better in hand.

If I had to choose one, it would be difficult. But, the Mini2 would edge it.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland inca53.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

welcome to the forum
my recommendation Mini 2 fly more, everything you need to get you going at a reasonable price

Welcome to the forum!

Based on your choices, I’d recommend the Mini2, as well, for all the reason already mentioned. For local flyers to meet in the Melbourne area, this forum’s Local and Regional section will get you connected pretty quickly.

Safe holiday flying to you!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi guys I am new to flying I have a hobby drone atm but am looking at getting either mini2 or second hand air 1 any advice would be welcome
Finances a bit tight due to covid .Also looking at getting repl in the near future.
Anyone in the western suburbs of Melbourne want to meet up
I’m out in Cranbourne but that’s no issue.
welcome to the group

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard