DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from new Magic Air flyer - Brisbane, Australia

KelvinB

Reactions
Hey everyone

I’m brand new to drone flying and Mavic. Excited to seek out great flying locations in the Brisbane and south east.

Any tips and guidance would be appreciated

Cheers

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: KelvinB
G'day mate!
Download the CIFT app from Casa! And have a look at the Recreational Drone rules whilst on thier site too!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks everyone. I have the CASA app and familiar with the rules.

Any tips on great locations would be appreciated.
Very excited.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hey everyone

I’m brand new to drone flying and Mavic. Excited to seek out great flying locations in the Brisbane and south east.

Cheers

Hey Kelvin,

I'm also in Brisbane (Greenslopes) and have been a Mavic Pro owner for a little over a month. I've mostly been flying at a few of the designated Drone parks but the scenery is very ordinary compared to some great footage I recently took from the beach on the Gold Coast. I've also been using the "Can I Fly There" app in an effort to identify interesting places where drone flying is unrestricted except of course for the blanket rules such as the 400-foot altitude limit.

I'm liking the look of North Pine Dam where there is a lot of water and structure like the dam wall - will need to also check for any local restrictions. Nobby beach on the Gold Coast is another spot where unrestricted flying is permitted. I certainly don't want to be seen as one of the irresponsible cowboys who are more and more attracting the attention of C.A.S.A. and other authorities.

Pete

Hey everyone

Cheers
Howdy from Wyoming @KelvinB , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan