DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Shropshire UK

Cjcoolcat

Reactions
great to see other local newbies. Literally received my Mavic 2 pro on Saturday. I have managed to get it in the air in Beginner Mode but will have to wait till the weather improves before taking it out for a spin. I have never flown a drone before but as a lover of photography as seem to have lost my mojo I thought I would invest in something decent.

The only question I have at the moment is. Do I need to format my memory card before using it ? If so how ? (Seems is Easier in a camera). I do ensure the pictures taken are written to it ? I ask because I thought I had take. A few pics but the card was empty when I took a look via my laptop.

Hope you can assist.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Do I need to format my memory card before using it?
You can format the memory card in DJI GO from the menu icon underneath the shutter button. Instead of formatting, I just move the photos/videos from the memory card to my computer.

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

great to see other local newbies. Literally received my Mavic 2 pro on Saturday. I have managed to get it in the air in Beginner Mode but will have to wait till the weather improves before taking it out for a spin. I have never flown a drone before but as a lover of photography as seem to have lost my mojo I thought I would inves5 in some decent.

The only question I have at the moment is. Do I need to format my memory card before using it ? If so how ? (Seems is Easier in a camera). I do ensure the pictures taken are written to it ? I ask because I thought I had take. A few pics but the card was empty when I took a look via my laptop.

Hope you can assist.
Howdy from Wyoming @Cjcoolcat , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can format the memory card in DJI GO from the menu icon underneath the shutter button. Instead of formatting, I just move the photos/videos from the memory card to my computer.

When you say move do you mean you use a cable ? I think given the cards are so tiny, it’s may be worth doing this if I have enough power left it the drone that is .

When you say move do you mean you use a cable ?
I remove the card and plug it into a memory card reader. You could use a cable instead.

I have big hands and is not that hard to remove. I just keep one fingernail a little longer Cj.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

great to see other local newbies. Literally received my Mavic 2 pro on Saturday. I have managed to get it in the air in Beginner Mode but will have to wait till the weather improves before taking it out for a spin. I have never flown a drone before but as a lover of photography as seem to have lost my mojo I thought I would invest in something decent.

Hope you can assist.
You should not have to format the card. Are you Shure You took a pic. ? Best to read the instructions on videos and pics. Any video or pis. you take should go directly to the sd card. Make sure you sd card is inserted properly. Don't rush into flying with out learning. It took me a few days of practice to get comfortable with it. It is some what complicated but the drone is a very sophisticated device. You will do well to take your time. read, understand, practice, Talk with other expensed pilots. I wish you well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ