DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Sydney.

Hey Steve and welcome from another Sydney-sider newbie. I'm also new to the drone world and have a M2P - arrived last Wed. As you know, we've had some serious winds here since then so I've not been game enough to do my maiden flight.

I'm up in the north of Sydney - what area are you in? What kind of things are you planning to do with it?

Like you I've also done a ton of reading and have found some great stuff on YouTube to get me started. Just fired up the DJI simulator on my PC - needs a bit of grunt but it's great for orientation. Worth looking into if you have a fast PC.

Anyway - good luck and cheers,
David

Reactions: Drone Master
Still very windy here in Cronulla, Sydney, Has been for months.
When proficient, lover and I intend to take the drone out bush, camping, outback wherever there are no people or restrictions.
We hope to see the places that we love from a different perspective.
In a year we will both be retired and intend to do the 'lap of the map' in the caravan with the aerial camera.

Cheers Steve

Welcome Steve, you'll learn heaps here. I've been on here for 3 months and I'm almost confident enough to turn my M2P on.
No, you'll love the community here.
BTW, I'm from Noosa now but many moons ago I lived on the corner of The Kingsway and Gosport Street, so I figure we must be related. :)

Great stuff Steve - exactly the same for us (not quite retired yet but getting closer!!). We do a lot of camping in remote places with the kids and really want to get that wonderful perspective that can only be gained with altitude.

BTW - I just did my first flight and it was super comfortable! Nothing fancy - a few take-offs to 10 feet and landings, a few short directional changes and safely back home in one piece! Wow - so exciting!

Hope to see you out on the road one day! Tibooburra perhaps?? :)

Regards,
David

Welcome Steve, you'll learn heaps here. I've been on here for 3 months and I'm almost confident enough to turn my M2P on.
No, you'll love the community here.
BTW, I'm from Noosa now but many moons ago I lived on the corner of The Kingsway and Gosport Street, so I figure we must be related. :)

I have a cousin on the Kingsway so I must be related to the both of you!

Bought am M2Z on black Friday, it should arrive next week.
I'm reading all that I can about flying, about 6 times each.
I'm quite nervous because I'm new to everything and even with a discount,
it is so much money for me to lose one way or another.
Cheers Steve
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome Steve, another Sydney sider here... I live in the hills area.. I know about the winds and the impact.. planes couldnt land so no drones can fly :rolleyes:... enjoy your new toy..

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2Z, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman