DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi I'm on the fence for a Mavic Pro

p3-reaerial

Reactions
I have read mostly good reviews of the Mavic pro but the other day found out that the Mavic doesn't have the manual mode or Atti so you can select it. I have a Phantom 3 standard and this one has that feature and it has saved me a couple of times. Can you guys tell me if this has been a deal breaker for any of you?

I have read mostly good reviews of the Mavic pro but the other day found out that the Mavic doesn't have the manual mode or Atti so you can select it. I have a Phantom 3 standard and this one has that feature and it has saved me a couple of times. Can you guys tell me if this has been a deal breaker for any of you?

I dont have a P3, but mavics have sport mode button to over ride some of the sensors or waypoints. What are you looking for in what you call manual mode?

I dont have a P3, but mavics have sport mode button to over ride some of the sensors or waypoints. What are you looking for in what you call manual mode?

Yes, but sport mode disables obstacle avoidance but still has gps control. Atti has been used in phantom series and disables all controls, visual and gps. While having failsafe of signal loss and low battery level. Personally I find flying in Atti more a smooth footage since the craft isn't trying constantly to adjust it's position.

Not for me, but this is a bleeding edge state of the art machine, updates are coming out frequently and things may change, Atti mode may be coming.
Regards,
-d.

Yes, but sport mode disables obstacle avoidance but still has gps control. Atti has been used in phantom series and disables all controls, visual and gps. While having failsafe of signal loss and low battery level. Personally I find flying in Atti more a smooth footage since the craft isn't trying constantly to adjust it's position.

You can turn off gps in the menu hut not on a button. I have never used that though.

I have a P3 and I find not having ATTI mode just fine, if you need to use some speed, sport mode is good. You still have GPS but its not trying to correct your position, its more for RTH.

I've got a Phantom 3 standard & there is no comparison. You can use tripod mode in the Mavic if you're worried about smooth video.

Cannot compare to the P3 but video is very smooth on the MP even in high wind conditions. An option to switch to non GPS would be nice though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo