DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hmmmm Day 3 Piloting and nearly got it stuck in a tree!

Yep, thanks guys :) Its the m2p and has avoidance control but as I looked at the screen on one turn I glimpsed a warning about it not being active as it couldn't initialise or something? I didn't quite get it and thats what made me pause.

I managed to get it out as I remembered when researching this mode about the pause button so hit it and then got out of the car and teased it back out of the tree unharmed. I did have to think for a few minutes though to ensure I didnt mix forward on one stick with up on the other LOL

A lesson learned!!

Thought Id nip to a country road nearby and try the tracking mode but somehow it managed to hide in a tree instead!
A bit nerve-wracking! I noticed that while the Drone was dancing in the tree branches, your 4x4 was straddling the white-line in the middle of the road! I was pleased not to witness another man-in-a-van zoom through you while you were otherwise distracted ... It's always a good idea to make sure you are safe first, before going through the motions to get the drone out of trouble!! Walk in a big field is the ideal way to learn about this feature ...

Don't worry, luckily that is a very long straight stretch of road which is why I chose it, I checked road first as I stopped where i was, hit the pause, then reversed back into the side of the road, you don't see little fat me getting out and waddling about to rescue it from it's little branch cave LOL
glad you had the presence of mind to hit the pause button and glad you had bothered to read up on what the different controls do,big no no flying where you were though,find that big open space practice practice practice learn to fly manually and note what each input you make to the sticks has on what the UAV does,very soon you will be able to do it without thinking and as a plus your UAV will last a lot longer

glad you had the presence of mind to hit the pause button and glad you had bothered to read up on what the different controls do,big no no flying where you were though,find that big open space practice practice practice learn to fly manually and note what each input you make to the sticks has on what the UAV does,very soon you will be able to do it without thinking and as a plus your UAV will last a lot longer

^^^ voice of reason and experience. When @old man mavic talks, I listen.

Don't worry, luckily that is a very long straight stretch of road which is why I chose it, I checked road first as I stopped where i was, hit the pause, then reversed back into the side of the road, you don't see little fat me getting out and waddling about to rescue it from it's little branch cave LOL
I certainly chuckled! Very glad your story ended the way it did. I'm too nervous for the response here to share my crash video, so I commend your bravery... ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds