DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon issues when filming diagonal rising shots

MasterFezza

Reactions
Hi,

Hope for some advice.... When I try to capture shots travelling diagonally (up & left/right). The horizon is really out of level. I'm flying a Mavic 2 pro and it is new, never crashed etc. I've calibrated the gimbal but doesn't seem to make any difference. I've added an example video below.

Would love to hear if this is a common problem. whether there are any solutions and why this might be happening.

Thanks

Yes, it seems to be a common problem, just today earlier another post with the issue . . .

And there have been quite a few posts here about the M2P gimbal tilt.
Have seen it myself flying with another forum member interstate visiting, they do a manual correction when needed.

Not sure if there is a permanent way to overcome this needing to be done often as needed.
It's a pain with all drones, my M1P will do it if I pan too quickly, but usually most level out pretty quickly again.

It looks like you stopped towards the end of that clip, but it doesn't level ?

Yes, it seems to be a common problem, just today earlier another post with the issue . . .

And there have been quite a few posts here about the M2P gimbal tilt.
Have seen it myself flying with another forum member interstate visiting, they do a manual correction when needed.

Not sure if there is a permanent way to overcome this needing to be done often as needed.
It's a pain with all drones, my M1P will do it if I pan too quickly, but usually most level out pretty quickly again.

It looks like you stopped towards the end of that clip, but it doesn't level ?

Thanks for your reply.

I'll take a look through that other thread later.

I've tried it a few times and the camera does level out when I stop. I'm really surprised that it does this as my P3P doesn't and that's a far older machine. I will try a few other things and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi,

Hope for some advice.... When I try to capture shots travelling diagonally (up & left/right). The horizon is really out of level. I'm flying a Mavic 2 pro and it is new, never crashed etc. I've calibrated the gimbal but doesn't seem to make any difference. I've added an example video below.

Would love to hear if this is a common problem. whether there are any solutions and why this might be happening.

Thanks

Hi
I have the manual gimbal adjustment constantly on screen. I'm never sure if it's because I'm rarely flying in still conditions in the UK and that magnifies the issue? I've been mainly taking photographs not video so can easily correct in Lightroom. I'm guessing in video thats a bit more painful. I have to adjust slightly sometimes even when stationary in tripod mode. I'll have try another calibration and see if I notice an improvement.

This may be trivial and not related but...weeks after rx’d new M2P and several flights (without noticeable tilt problem) I was fidgeting the gimbal while trying to clip the plastic shield on drone upside down. I really had the floating gimbal extremely rotated; I noticed for the first time a yellow tabbed scratch protection tape. These were supposed to be removed when first taking the unit out if the box. It wasn’t visible even after weeks of flying. Yet there it was. It was dead on the circular backside 180 degrees away from lens. Wild guess, take a look. Simple a good place to start.

Hi
I have the manual gimbal adjustment constantly on screen. I'm never sure if it's because I'm rarely flying in still conditions in the UK and that magnifies the issue? I've been mainly taking photographs not video so can easily correct in Lightroom. I'm guessing in video thats a bit more painful. I have to adjust slightly sometimes even when stationary in tripod mode. I'll have try another calibration and see if I notice an improvement.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response.

I'm in the UK too and I'd agree, it's unusual to fly in completely still conditions.

I've adjusted the gimal roll and it has made a slight improvement but not eliminated the issue. Stills are very easy to adjust but video is a pain. I'm so surprised that this is an issue with this machine as the P3P is much better at coping with this move and it's far older.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78