DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How come we see many very popular Youtubers flying BVLOS if it's not allowed?

Agree with Firejay27, just a matter of time before you see more popular youtubers get in the crosseyes of the FAA, I think that will be a way for the FAA trying to reach broader audience and make known that these rules will be enforced more in the future as the big retailers are getting ready to use the airspace for deliveries.​

With regards to your "Fly safe, Fly legal" line, did you kind of mean like Boeing's billionaire executives and the FAA said with their death bringer 737 Max aircraft? I literally feel sick to my stomach when I hear the FAA is after a drone pilot, but they wholeheartedly ignored 100's of people dying in a 737 Max air crash that could have been easily avoided ONLY TO LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN before they took action!. Holy smoke guys, look just how far we have fallen here and how criminally negligent the FAA and Boeing are, but you all want 15 year old drone pilots to go to prison! The shame we should all feel is beyond words!
I hear what you are saying. I offer one correction. The FAA did not ignore the first crash of the 737 MAX. The problem was that it had no idea what caused it and did not know where to begin to look because they admitted to Boeing before the aircraft took flight that the aircraft's computer programs and controls were well beyond their understanding or ability to inspect and certify as safe. This is why the FAA authorized Boeing to self-inspect and to self-certify that everything was totally safe and no inspections or testing was required other than at Boeing's sole discretion. In other words, the FAA completely abdicated its responsibility to ensure aircraft safety to Boeing with fatal consequences. Not once but twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero
To Tony McDrone,
I have used your post to reply to a far bigger subject in my mind and it is in no way personally aimed at you, but more at the type of sentiment you and a lot of other forum users think and express with regards to drones and the law.I know this is just a very strongly moderated drone forum, and that since this forum first appeared the world has turned against drones because, lets be honest here, they are quite frankly the most dangerous objects in the universe.But when I read a line about safety protocols in place, and the rest of us carrying the burden, then I cant help but think of how you as a caring and contentious human being must feel about all the other way more serious stuff that we all carry the burdens of. Like governments looking after only the super rich and mega corps and lying and cheating their way through our political systems whilst millions and millions live and die in poverty and starvation, like chemical companies dumping 1000's of tons of Forever Chemicals in water supplies across the Earth every single month that will literally last until our sun envelopes this planet at some point in the distant future, and so many other countless crimes that to mention them would make us all feel sick! But no its drone pilots on YouTube that are destroying your own personal world and love of life! If any of you freer thinkers out there ever stop to wonder why this planet and everything in it is in the serious state of affairs its currently in, then please look no further than some of the hysteria that takes place on this forum. We focus on the completely insignificant whilst we hid from things of any serious importance.

I used to love being a member here and then the bullies started and then the mods started backing them up and then I stopped sharing what I was doing with drones because their are more police in here than there are in New York lol. I just cant bring myself to stay quiet on this subject any longer. Sorry if I have offended anyone but seriously some of you people treat drones like they are nuclear weapons and you treat nuclear weapons like they are marshmallows!

With regards to your "Fly safe, Fly legal" line, did you kind of mean like Boeing's billionaire executives and the FAA said with their death bringer 737 Max aircraft? I literally feel sick to my stomach when I hear the FAA is after a drone pilot, but they wholeheartedly ignored 100's of people dying in a 737 Max air crash that could have been easily avoided ONLY TO LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN before they took action!. Holy smoke guys, look just how far we have fallen here and how criminally negligent the FAA and Boeing are, but you all want 15 year old drone pilots to go to prison! The shame we should all feel is beyond words!

So to all of you cool drone enthusiasts that fly free and expand our knowledge, use and enjoyment of drones, I thank you for inspiring me. To the rest of you wanna police informers and straight up cowards who focus on a tiny single drone flight and forget all the other far more important stuff that I have tried my best to mention, then I also thank you for inspiring me to be a better, more grounded human being and to never hide myself away from the real important stuff that is going on around the world right now.

I am not trying being a bad, negative and argumentative person here I am trying my best to put forward what I consider to be a much more seriously point than BVLOS.

Pz
I agree with some of your dissertation, not sure that I agree with other parts and a few parts I consider a bit "out there". Nevertheless, the whole thing is complex and anyone with open minds and open eyes can see it all. The focus is rarely on the most important or the things with the most immediately needed action, nor are events often put in the proper perspective. Rules and laws are often drawn with one-size-fits-all myopics without regard to circumstance. AND YES, THIS PERTAINS STRONGLY TO FAA RULES, PARTICULARLY THE NEW ONES JUST ENACTED. And yet, those in power tend to look the other way when it suits them. Smoking, immigration, drones, guns, energy, carbon emissions, speed limits, race, taxes political affiliations; all of them and more too often are driven by two elements: Money and the unbridled quest for power. We see politicians taking sides on one issue or another simply because it opposes the other side- often having supported the very other side of the issue that they now oppose. Propositions are often couched with fancy titles and phrases and slogans to sway the support of the sheeple. We live in a world that is short on principle and long on hypocrisy and self-righteousness and common sense isn't so common.

It doesn't take much to see the lack of common sense, morality, and principle. But what you will too often see is the promotion of idiocracy. Just turn on your TV. You can't miss it unless you are simply willfully ignorant.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero
Last time I looked this was a forum about drones. Not politics, 737’s, global warming, or any of the other BS that’s popping up in this thread. You want to discuss those things take it to Reddit. Me, I’m here to discuss drones, drone laws, drone usage and anything else DRONE related. You wouldn’t go to a forum on cake baking and discuss auto mechanics. Don’t come here and start on the ills of the world. Get enough of that on FB and TV.
personally I don’t understand why the mods have not shut this thread down as it no longer is a discussion of the original topic.

Perhaps where you live?

I live in Florida. We hobbyists fly at night, but are required to use the 3 mile anti-collision lights. If you can see the light, you're safe. If you are flying for commercial reasons, you need the waiver under 107. I know there is confusion about this. I've seen statements by some of the well established sites saying "you can't fly at night and need to pass a test". They are referring to the commercial pilots. They neglect to say exactly who they are referring too. I started doing research, "no night flying" is in reference to commercial users and all they need is a waiver and lights. A hobbyist is considered waived by the FAA. At least here in FL. When I started flying UAVs, I flew at night a lot. the police came, but stopped after they clarified the rule with the FAA relative to hobbyists. Some of these well established, well meaning, websites we all depend on are not always clear when referring to hobbyists and commercial pilots. One officer suggested I get my 107 permit. Hah hah very funny officer, I am not setting myself up for a fine. Hobbyists have more freedom.

I hear what you are saying. I offer one correction. The FAA did not ignore the first crash of the 737 MAX. The problem was that it had no idea what caused it and did not know where to begin to look because they admitted to Boeing before the aircraft took flight that the aircraft's computer programs and controls were well beyond their understanding or ability to inspect and certify as safe. This is why the FAA authorized Boeing to self-inspect and to self-certify that everything was totally safe and no inspections or testing was required other than at Boeing's sole discretion. In other words, the FAA completely abdicated its responsibility to ensure aircraft safety to Boeing with fatal consequences. Not once but twice.
MCAS is the software used to alter the flight characteristics of the newly designed 737 max. It has been fixed and all the pilots now know it's there and what it's purpose is and how to correct the issue if needed. No worries mate.

I live in Florida. We hobbyists fly at night, but are required to use the 3 mile anti-collision lights. If you can see the light, you're safe. If you are flying for commercial reasons, you need the waiver under 107. I know there is confusion about this. I've seen statements by some of the well established sites saying "you can't fly at night and need to pass a test". They are referring to the commercial pilots. They neglect to say exactly who they are referring too. I started doing research, "no night flying" is in reference to commercial users and all they need is a waiver and lights. A hobbyist is considered waived by the FAA. At least here in FL. When I started flying UAVs, I flew at night a lot. the police came, but stopped after they clarified the rule with the FAA relative to hobbyists. Some of these well established, well meaning, websites we all depend on are not always clear when referring to hobbyists and commercial pilots. One officer suggested I get my 107 permit. Hah hah very funny officer, I am not setting myself up for a fine. Hobbyists have more freedom.
You missed the point...

You missed the point...
You missed the point also your not quite right about the commercial pilots they no longer need a waiver to fly at night.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
You missed the point also your not quite right about the commercial pilots they no longer need a waiver to fly at night.
You’ve both missed the point...
The point is, the world doesn’t end at the borders of ‘Murica’.
The other guy’s blanket assertion that night flights are unlawful is not necessarily applicable to the rest of the globe.

Reactions: Malcx
The other guy’s blanket assertion that night flights are unlawful is not necessarily applicable to the rest of the globe.
I was responding to cG maxed

But the other guy's blanket assertion that night flights are unlawful is most definitely not applicable anywhere inside the USA.

I'm not sure what the borders of 'Murica' enter into the picture, since the assertion seems equally inapplicable on either side of the borders.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78