DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you download your recorded footage?

RJRFLY

Reactions
I'm wondering whats the most efficient way of transferring a recorded footage from the mini to the dj fly app for editing

I've been downloading the footage directly from the mini to my phone, so i could then edit the clip using the DJI FLY app, but for anyone who does this, you would know it can take quite a bit of time (depending on footage duration)

This also means the drone sits idle, heating up during the process (no air flow!)

Are you removing the SD card and transferring the clips that way?

With the drone off and never turned on —> Remove the SD card and transfer to your computer... erase files from card if desired, reformat not necessary... then reinsert card into the drone.

Reactions: fuzzball and RJRFLY
With the drone off and never turned on —> Remove the SD card and transfer to your computer... erase files from card if desired, reformat not necessary... then reinsert card into the drone.
So does that mean you're using another third party app to edit your clips on your PC? otherwise you'd have to transfer from PC > to phone to edit on DJI FLY app :(

So does that mean you're using another third party app to edit your clips on your PC? otherwise you'd have to transfer from PC > to phone. lots of mucking around!
I do not use my phone for my drone. I use either SC or CS. Don’t muck around.... one step:
Transfer is drag and drop, like anything else. I’m on a Mac and mostly use iMovie. Rarely use any third party app.

If you still want to edit with go fly, install it on your PC or Mac? But there are several, good, free editing software apps available. Have fun

I do not use my phone for my drone. I use either SC or CS. Don’t muck around.... one step:
Transfer is drag and drop, like anything else. I’m on a Mac and mostly use iMovie. Rarely use any third party app.
I regret to say that neither the SC, or CS are compatible with the Mavic Mini (at this time)

If you download it via app on the phone you can get max 1080p footage quality even if you've filmed in 2.7K. This is a known issue.

Reactions: RJRFLY
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007