DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you protect your Mini 2 props? (poll)

What are you using to protect your props?

• DJI Prop Holder

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • RCGEEK Silicone Prop Covers

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • SunnyLife Prop Clip

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Something else (tell us what you're using below)

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The Mini 2 props are fragile and not easily detachable, so it's important to keep them protected when not flying. What are you using to protect your props?

Here are a few of the most commonly used prop protectors:

1. DJI Prop Holder

Fully encloses bottom props. Top props are held in place with a buckle. See more details here.

DJI.png

2. RCGEEK Silicone Prop Covers

Two piece, soft silicone material. Completely encloses props to protect them. See more details here.

RCGEEK.png

3. SunnyLife Prop Clip

Soft silicon buckles wraps around drone and snaps to securely hold the props in place. See more details here.

SunnyLife.png

Reactions: zeusfl
Why wouldn't anyone use the prop holder DJI specifically designed for their mini2? Afterall, shouldn't the drone manufacturer know what is best for the drone they designed? It comes included in the Mini2 FMC but is it also included when the Mini2 is purchased without the FMC?

Reactions: BruceBotti
But do you have to bend the props to use the RCGeek covers? That, I think, was/is part of the problem with the default method of storage for the MM combo.

With the MM, if you want to put the the rear props across the body they have to be bent (like a spring board) to intermesh with one another.

As long as I keep the screws on the motors vertical, the props easily lie on top of one another.

1606495400010.png

1606495404574.png

Reactions: Jrscott74
Why wouldn't anyone use the prop holder DJI specifically designed for their mini2? Afterall, shouldn't the drone manufacturer know what is best for the drone they designed? It comes included in the Mini2 FMC but is it also included when the Mini2 is purchased without the FMC?
I do not have a mini (I have M2Pro), and before that, Mavic Air 1. Have always used a rubber band. Never a problem. Same original props after a year.

Attachments

• Mavic2Pro-rubber-band-bottom view.jpg
    Mavic2Pro-rubber-band-bottom view.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: MS Coast and Youser
I use 3/4" heat shrink tube cut to 1 3/4" length, it fits snug and keep the props from flopping around.

Attachments

• MM prop sleeves.jpg
    MM prop sleeves.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 46
I never fold it up unless I’m going on a trip. I keep it in a cabinet and have experienced 0 issues with over 200 flights.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
I do not have a mini (I have M2Pro), and before that, Mavic Air 1. Have always used a rubber band. Never a problem. Same original props after a year.
M2Pro props are much firmer. Doing the same thing on a Mini or Mini 2 would cause problems as it bends the prop causing an error later (the main issue with the Fly More Case the Mini 1 had).

The official DJI Prop guards on the Mini 2, they don't even touch the ends of the bottom props (other than at the opening at the sides), the props just hang there with that bottom square keeping anything from pushing on it. It's only the top props that get squeezed up against the body at their tip which is already touching the body.

If your talking storage and travel. I use PGY tech prop holder. And as far as for when I’m flying I don’t use anything at all but if I had to pick some thing I would use the DJ yeah mini one frame guard as it fits the mini2 as well and protects all your props while you’re flying. Happy flying and just look out for birds who think you’re an easy lunch LOL. “Lost mini 1 that way”

If your talking storage and travel. I use PGY tech prop holder. And as far as for when I’m flying I don’t use anything at all but if I had to pick some thing I would use the DJ yeah mini one frame guard as it fits the mini2 as well and protects all your props while you’re flying. Happy flying and just look out for birds who think you’re an easy lunch LOL. “Lost mini 1 that way”
If you're talking about the prop gaurds that wrap around for avoiding collision with walls/people/etc. You do not want to use those outdoors, they're wind catchers, and plus the payload mode that has to be enabled for it restricts your range quite a bit (50m / 165ft).

According to dji the mavic mini 1 frame prop guard should not be used on the mini2 since the motors on the mavic mini and mini 2 don't line up exactly with each other. That why dji have made a frame guard which specifically fits the mini 2.

According to dji the mavic mini 1 frame prop guard should not be used on the mini2 since the motors on the mavic mini and mini 2 don't line up exactly with each other. That why dji have made a frame guard which specifically fits the mini 2.
Its the guard (cage) used for flying that aren't compatible. The holder for storage is.

The props may still deform and be less efficient with that. The FC can compensate though and allow normal flight, but might be just a bit less precise in handling in flight.

That's why I take off my props when storing in the FMK bag.

Do you droners still suggest to use those prop holders?
I still like to use them when storing my drones outside of a bag/case, in a bag, or in a case that does not have a dedicated drone cutout to protect the props.

Reactions: jonitus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44