DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does RID work?

My point is, RID does not require your flying device to have GPS. It probably does require the flying device to have access to location services, no matter how accurate or inaccurate they are.

Just to be absolutely clear, if "flying device" means the aircraft, I'm pretty sure in fact the aircraft is required to have GPS, or have an attached RID module with GPS.

In the context of our discussion, I'm pretty sure you were referring to the control station, but for the benefit of others that may read this thread, I thought that would benefit from some specificity.

Both the FAA and DJI are playing footloose and fancy free with the specs; that's for sure. Also positive FAA doesn't test or certification anything and take the word of the manufacturer for it. Any recision is done voluntarily by the manufacturer in case of mistake and in fact, couple of their newest drones are shipped and sold without approvals. It would not surprise me if any of the equipment functioned properly at all times. The DJI FPV is certified but it will turn the rotors at start up and then you are free to disconnect the equipment just before liftoff. That's supposedly against the rules and ultimately shifts the burden to the drone pilot.

I wanted to clarify the below doubt
1) WiFi signal of DJI Mavic 3 Classic drone is visible in WiFi networks only when drone is connected to DJI Fly App?
2) Is the WiFI signal visible when only Remote Controller is switched ON (not connected to DJi Fly App in mobile device)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman