DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How far should I fly?

this may explode the thread, but why is nobody talking about FPV racing drone freestyle footage.

Huh? How is that even remotely relevant to the topic at hand?

For those who still think you can extend your VLOS by using your VO down stream take a moment to read this very detailed and accurate thread:

This is one area where we differ from you guys. We are permitted to use the VO as sole VLOS and do it over radio.
I checked with the regulator about this a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: BigAl07
I dare say this will change as all of the countries are starting to align the rules.
the main reason for it in our neck of the woods was due to the amount of university and companies conduction R&D and being hampered. Some years ago we could only do this in designated UAV areas. But there was only 3 of these in the country and as the development grows, they were becoming a tad congested. The rules then get relaxed and then slowly tightened up. Regulators spend all their time trying to keep up with the wide availabilty of technology.
Another point for us being we have some pretty huge unpoplualted areas in this country. Yes i know you have your Nevada etc, but consider that Australia and USA very similar in size and we have a population of around 23 million and i think you guys are up around 320 million. 90% of Australia is Nevada haha :)
Population-density-australia-June-2016.jpg

Reactions: BigAl07

Couldn't help myself

I dare say this will change as all of the countries are starting to align the rules.
the main reason for it in our neck of the woods was due to the amount of university and companies conduction R&D and being hampered. Some years ago we could only do this in designated UAV areas. But there was only 3 of these in the country and as the development grows, they were becoming a tad congested. The rules then get relaxed and then slowly tightened up. Regulators spend all their time trying to keep up with the wide availabilty of technology.
Another point for us being we have some pretty huge unpoplualted areas in this country. Yes i know you have your Nevada etc, but consider that Australia and USA very similar in size and we have a population of around 23 million and i think you guys are up around 320 million. 90% of Australia is Nevada haha :)
View attachment 72590

Very well said and very accurate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98