DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How high up in the tree is it?

I know right? I ride my dirt bike the same way, I always end up in the bushes and trees...
Well, just so you don't need an arborist to extricate you, it's all good! :)

Well, the tree climber wanted $600 to climb the tree so I just bought a new one. DJI will let me transfer the care package to the new drone. Maybe it will blow down someday and I will get it returned and use it for spare parts. I wrote my phone number right on the top...
Very smart I've got it on all of mine as well. Hope you get it back someday. Two Is Better Than One

I would buy a new care refresh instead of transfer in case you get the old one back so you can get it replaced.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There's an app for that...

My iphone used to have the level option on swipe right in the standard compass app, but went to it the other day to check a level and it's now gone.
Blast them, it was a handy tool, but can sort of do similar with the compass anyway.

Ha! Yes, that's the bugger. Google is amazing. I've got a professional tree climber coming out there today and I bought the crash plan so I can get it repaired through DJI. It's been a fun learning experience just the same. If there is just 1 tree in the way I'm bound to hit it...

Ha looking at the flight log map, it HAD to be that one.
You did hit the only tall tree in that little spot, ha ha.

Shame about the tree climber fee, I suppose it's a risk / reward scenario, wouldn't be an easy tree to climb !! Well, for most of us.

So it is quite possible (hopefully) some honest sole will find your drone and you can probably have a great spare parts drone.
Transferring Care Refresh will rule out using it for the old one I guess.

Did they let (or did you ask if) you buy just an aircraft from them ?
That would have been a great option if they'd do it.

Reactions: Capt KO
Online chat rep said yes they could sell me just the unit at a discount IF they had any but didn't know but would send me an email. I got the email and they said they didn't have any and no expected time of arrival for one so I just ordered another one without the Fly More Combo. I thought about another Care Plan but decided it wasn't worth the $40 gamble that I'd get the old unit back. This tree is Massive when you stand next to it, Much bigger than it looks on Google maps and the top is busted off so there are huge branches that stick out at the top and the unit would probably be in one of those branches making it even more difficult to get to. Even the tree climber said it was going to be a very difficult tree to climb and would need a lot of safety equipment, the trunk is probably 4' in diameter and the first branch off the ground is probably 50'. I've climbed a few trees in my life and I would not attempt this one.

Try to borrow another drone to find it in the tree. Before you settle on not getting the $40 warranty. I would gladly pay $40 for the chance. In fact, I will if you'll send me the Drone when it comes out of the tree. LOL

And an additional $100 for shipping and handling. When and if. Big gamble, but it would be a inexpensive Mini. Think about it.

Reactions: Saigondroner
I wonder how much it would be for round-trip airfare for my tree climbing, buddy. I'll show him a picture of the tree.
Call the fire department and tell them that there is a cat in the tree and you can hear it beeping. Or the power company cuz they're Sparks coming out of the top of the tree. Maybe one of their lineman that's used to climbing power poles. Just a thought.

Reactions: Saigondroner
I wonder how much it would be for round-trip airfare for my tree climbing, buddy. I'll show him a picture of the tree.
Call the fire department and tell them that there is a cat in the tree and you can hear it beeping. Or the power company cuz they're Sparks coming out of the top of the tree. Maybe one of their lineman that's used to climbing power poles. Just a thought.

Too funny! I love these ideas and I will probably be kicking myself in the pants for saving the $40. My next mini I am going to paint it to look like a cat so I can legitimately say I have a cat stuck up in a tree...

Hey,
Everybody look at the flight log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

@BushWacker, drew an arrow in the sand so we could see where he was standing. Thumbswayup

Rod

Well, you have until Wednesday because you know the first place I'm going when I get the new one is right back over there to see if I can see it and I won't switch over the care plan until I have given up on the old one. I wonder if I can hook up a grappling hook to the new mini to try and lift the other one out?

Reactions: m80116 and RodPad
Well, you have until Wednesday because you know the first place I'm going when I get the new one is right back over there to see if I can see it and I won't switch over the care plan until I have given up on the old one. I wonder if I can hook up a grappling hook to the new mini to try and lift the other one out?
You could, with a Phantom. Any chance to borrow or rent one? Grapple or gaff if near the outer edges. You’ll know once you see it. Rooting for you! ??

How did you get yours at 200'?
I could use the camera, start stop the motors, until the battery died.
When the tree let it go, it was in five pieces.

I had a plan but things didn't work out, time, weather, etc.
This one of many.

Rod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229