Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

How long does it usually take for FAA to review and accept/decline airspace waiver?

black_magic100

Reaction score
I am very close to an airport and I just submitted a part 107 airspace waiver for the first time. Curious as to how long this will take as I just submitted it at 4pm EST and I will only be in this location for 24 hours. I have already confirmed that the area I am in has a maximum altitude of 100 feet and it is completely legal according to Airmaps with authorization so I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted, but again the question is how long. Am I fighting a lost cause at this point? I know some waivers take 90+ days, but it said on the website the airspace authorization is the easiest to get clearence.

beachcombing

Reaction score
90 to 120 days or more

Are you in an area where LAANC has been rolled out?

bbooty

Reaction score
Loc
Idaho Falls, ID
Submitted mine May 15, 73 days ago. Not holding my breath. I am a Cessna T210 pilot so know our local tower guys. I frequently don't call them but do if planning on staying near 400 AGL very long. I certainly don't mind, but am hoping that the airspace authorization will say good to go with these specific restrictions. AOPA says 45 days average. I live 3 nm from KIDA a class D and asked for wide area, 400 ft, and all day. Don't know if what you request makes any difference on approval delay. It will probably come in January with a foot of snow on the ground :).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bug Smasher