DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long does it usually take for FAA to review and accept/decline airspace waiver?

black_magic100

Reactions
I am very close to an airport and I just submitted a part 107 airspace waiver for the first time. Curious as to how long this will take as I just submitted it at 4pm EST and I will only be in this location for 24 hours. I have already confirmed that the area I am in has a maximum altitude of 100 feet and it is completely legal according to Airmaps with authorization so I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted, but again the question is how long. Am I fighting a lost cause at this point? I know some waivers take 90+ days, but it said on the website the airspace authorization is the easiest to get clearence.

Submitted mine May 15, 73 days ago. Not holding my breath. I am a Cessna T210 pilot so know our local tower guys. I frequently don't call them but do if planning on staying near 400 AGL very long. I certainly don't mind, but am hoping that the airspace authorization will say good to go with these specific restrictions. AOPA says 45 days average. I live 3 nm from KIDA a class D and asked for wide area, 400 ft, and all day. Don't know if what you request makes any difference on approval delay. It will probably come in January with a foot of snow on the ground :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000