DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many batteries to get

Hmmm please explain. Will they function the same way? Camera control?
Read manual at DJI webpage :)
Nope - they don't work the same way if synced with Mavic at the same time.
One RC is a Master (controls the whole aircraft), the second RC is a Slave (controls gimbal and has only limited functionality to operate the aircraft)...

Reactions: Hollow Dog
I have two and never been in a situation where I wish I had a third - really depends on your planned use but unless you're setting out to be a heavy user I'd say go for two and buy a third if you feel you need it. Very much at the hobby end of the usage spectrum!

2 is fine for me. I don't "fly" my mavic to just fly it, I have other multirotors for that. I find that 2 batteries usually gets me enough footage for a 3-5 minute video.

By accident rather than by design I have 8 (+1 replacement on a very slow boat from charger as a replacement) = 9
Ended up with 3 charging stations and 2 car chargers. I keep 2 in the house and 1 in the car.
When planning a long day (like tomorrow, whilst on holiday) I have never got through all 8. Maybe I would have if I didnt use car charger.
But never got to using all 8. 6 or 7 at most, and thats bringing the bird back on 30%.
While out all day I feel safe with all 8, for the bird, phone and rc.
So its very rare, if ever, I will really need 8. However I am doing some waterfalls tomorrow in Bali. Now if Mount Agung blows at the end of my day. My crazy driver will get me there very fast and I will have juice to take some lava shots.
So unless it's your job I can not see anyone needing more than 7.
It just means I dont have to charge every day, but the ocd in me makes me. :)
The devil made me do it!

I have 3 but since i've just ordered a 4 way charger I feel like I need another to fill that last slot :)

By accident rather than by design I have 8 (+1 replacement on a very slow boat from charger as a replacement) = 9
Ended up with 3 charging stations and 2 car chargers. I keep 2 in the house and 1 in the car.
When planning a long day (like tomorrow, whilst on holiday) I have never got through all 8. Maybe I would have if I didnt use car charger.
But never got to using all 8. 6 or 7 at most, and thats bringing the bird back on 30%.
So its very rare, if ever, I will really need 8. However I am doing some waterfalls tomorrow in Bali. Now if Mount Agung blows at the end of my day. My crazy driver will get me there very fast and I will have juice to take some lava shots.
The devil made me do it!

I await your “should’ve bought 10” thread, with interest.

That’s if you survive, have you never heard of Pompeii? They didn’t have a drone to distract them, or 9 batteries to get through either.

I await your “should’ve bought 10” thread, with interest.

That’s if you survive, have you never heard of Pompeii? They didn’t have a drone to distract them, or 9 batteries to get through either.
If you'd have looked up his current postings you'd realize he's back home in Perth, AU.

The devil made me do it!
I've just come back from Asia and California, and now feel that 4 is the absolute minimum, and I'm thinking eight is more like it. Even using the Chinese simultaneous charger, you'll still be using batteries up faster than you can replace them with the three that that charger charges. Another 4 charging simultaneously on the car charger take around 4 hours, so to keep flying all day you need a good sine wave inverter plus the car charger, and that's if you START the day with 7 full batteries. I could have easily gone through 10-12/day on this trip if I'd had the capacity -- especially shooting video.

I know this is a "hobby" machine, but it's so versatile it lends itself to being a real workhorse.

5 for me .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada