DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

I had my first flight today and had no problems. I flew within a city park so I didn’t fly beyond maybe 400 feet. No control or video display problems. I took it up briefly to 100 feet and got a wind warning and I don’t think the winds reached 20 mph but I brought it down to about 50 feet at that point. It was overcast and it was difficult to see a lot of the time.

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I've had my MM now for a month. I flew it every day indoors until I got comfortable and now have a few outdoor flights under my belt. So far it has been great, no crashes. I also have a Tello and have had multiple crashes, mostly indoors. I feel much more confident flying the mini.

I used to believe that my Mini is trouble free until it flew straight into a wall next to me all by itself a few hours ago. . Flight log indicates that the compass was off by about 180 degree and there was NO warning message throughout the flight

Reactions: Wild Wayne
My Mini has been perfect. So much of this Mini is flawed talk is simply not legit. I have been flying for 4 years and own a few drones. If you understand the limitations of an inexpensive and very light quad like the Mini, your user experience should prove positive. Yes, like any mechanical object, one or two may have barely made it out of QC, but all in all, the Mini is a solid kit.

I've got three Minis, ordered the first the day they released, have had a couple repaired/replaced under DJI CareRefresh. The crashes have been entirely my fault, trying stuff in wooded lots and gardens and buzzing treetops I wouldn't do with a Mavic 2, trying for property tour video at higher speeds, working on my FPV skills in close quarters...

The camera's fine for posting 720p video that loads quick, the range is lots shorter than a full-sized Mavic, RTH has worked wherever it's been safe to use it, it's not useful for mapping like an Inspire or Mavic 2, it's fun to fly, it disappears from sight at a hundred yards or so, I wish it had more flashy lights on it, it's $399, a Mavic 2 is $1500+, the camera's like point-and-shoot, battery life is the best... You get more than you pay for with a Mini.

I think the Mavic Mini is great value, one of a kind so far. People should get two or three of them and not grouse and blame the drone when they crash or fly away, IMHO. DJI Service is the best, CareRefresh returns a new drone in a week. Go crash a Yuneec and see what you get and how long it takes...

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
I am not an expert on drones. I bought the MM before they were shipping even as I had a Bebop 2 disappear into the bush of northern Ontario on a set path that tunred out to be to low for the terrain (lol, rookie mistake) about then. I have posted videos from Arizona in decent weather. Canada in below 0 dC weather. Flown it in windy conditions, cold conditions, hot conditions. Never had a minutes trouble with it. Very impressed wit the camera quality. Did a few fly buys Church of Jesus Christ temples in Canada and they turned out great for picture quality. The picture quality is noticeably better than the Bebop 2, but I do miss the ability to "program" paths for flight. It is a bit more manual.

zero problems

200 flights, 390km, 40 hours,
Flying in cold, wet, windy, rain, sport mode at night. Zero crashes (don't want to jinks it). I have experienced some drifting due to high winds, and also power lines screw my compass once but I recovered quickly.

Recently flew with friends with Mavic pro and I have to say in SOME instances MM is better.

After reading all the reports on this forum I testflied my MM in one of the rising storms we've experienced lately in europe. Eventhough I had high wind warning 100% of the flight time the MM didn't act in any way unexpected. Had to switch to sport mode in order to make any head way into the wind, but still the handling was stable. I've been building my own drones since before there were a consumer market and I am surprised that such a small drone have this kind of handling characteristics. I am ”disappointed” in the range, but wifi has its limitation, there is no way around that. On the design side I think the downward sensors should be changed into forward/side ones. A drone weighing only 249g is almost impossible to damage, even as a beginner taking off and landning manually. But easy to accidentally fly into obstacles.

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
NO PROBLEMS (so far ?) 34 flights.

MM flying great. After primary flight flew MM down long driveway to exhaust battery when it went into RTH due to low battery. It started to go up to RTH altitude but was under a tree. It crashed into tree limbs and then started a free fall but recovered hover on its on at about 10 feet when I went in to manual control and flew it to landing at my feet. MM somehow forgave my stupid pilot error. Only minor scuffing of props. Still flying great.

I believe the term to use in this discussion is the inverse of survivor bias.

My MM has been trouble free over dozens of flights and an amazing machine.

It was an amazing learning drone before my M2P which has also been trouble free.

This shouldn’t minimize the real troubles people have BUT I think the percentage of no issue at all to issues would be very, very favorable to DJI.

No problems - acquired MM in December - have only flown about a dozen times - haven't received any "high winds" warning or signal loss. I don't fly when conditions are "iffy".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N