DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

Bought my mini just before x-mas. Fly at least 3 batteries a weeks. Never had a serious problem.
I fly the virtually unobstructed skies of the Arizona desert. I will occasionally get a "wind" notice, but I lower my altitude and that disappears. Occasionally lose connection, but that come right back.
I have the Mavic Air as well, but love to fly that Mini as much as the Air.
I must admit, I am careful when I fly and don't fly when I see my neighbors flag really flapping hard in the wind and I will not fly in rain. Always have at least 12 satellites and establish my home point.

I'm completely new to drone flying, but so far my Mini has behaved impeccably. I did manage to fly it into a small tree but that was entirely down to my own carelessness. Unfortunately here in south-west Scotland we've had a lot of very windy weather over the last few weeks and I haven't tempted fate by trying to fly in dodgy conditions. However, I look forward to flying in better weather which presumably must eventually arrive.

Another interesting variable to take into account would be whether the Mini owner had ever flown another drone before. I cut my teeth, as they say, with a Syma XC5, which was not even close to the Mini in terms of quality and features, but did allow me to get comfortable with controlling the sticks on a remote, and maneuvering the drone in the air.

I got my Mini on Christmas, 2019, and have logged:

10.7 miles
3.17 hours
33 flights

My Mini has behaved admirably, and I've been extremely happy with it. The only time I had an issue, I was flying indoors, in what amounts to a big metal shed, and I think the metal and wiring and wifi issues likely contributed to my problem (which was a seeming lack of control of the drone, but the flight only lasted about one minute).

I'm completely new to drone flying, but so far my Mini has behaved impeccably. I did manage to fly it into a small tree but that was entirely down to my own carelessness. Unfortunately here in south-west Scotland we've had a lot of very windy weather over the last few weeks and I haven't tempted fate by trying to fly in dodgy conditions. However, I look forward to flying in better weather which presumably must eventually arrive.
✋ hi, welcome from Florida ?

Have been flying drones since 2016. Got my MM in early January. So far have been flying in the Palm Springs area without any issues. Love the portability when out hiking in the hills. Easy to carry, hand launch and retrieve. Returning to Canada soon, so hoping to get some winter flying and scenes before spring arrives.
Great content on this forum. So much good information to be garnered from others. Thanks for all the great information everyone.

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
No problems since end december 2019

Only problem i had was a bad firmware update that caused at least 1 video each time flying to be corrupt(not the typical forgetting to stop video before shutting down drone corrupt). We thought it was the memory card but once that was eliminated DJI suggested I refresh the firmware with assistant because they have had issues with the fly app not updating firmware properly. Since I done that it's been fine, no issues.

2 months now. 5hrs and 83 flights - I use the UAV forecast App and have my settings at 1/2 the capability of the MM so I don't get caught out. Probably curtails my flying a bit but I like my drone and have read too may stories on this forum and others about people pushing their luck and ending in tears!
No problems with my MM at all - just not enough time to enjoy it ?

I think most problems with drones are people who , just buy and fly, instead of learning when to fly and when not to
That might be the case over all but probably not on this forum. Many of the previous posts have mentioned the other aircraft they own. My Mini is one of 5 I own, 4 being DJI. I'm an experienced pilot and continue to participate here to further my knowledge.
My particular problem is front left props striking the arm and body in flight. Other experienced pilots here have mentioned similar issues. I'm trying to trouble shoot the problem here as DJI wasn't much help.
So... If you're not just trolling look at your Mini, check for the build date and what the numbers are on the props for us.
And anyone else who is going to post on this thread if you could include that information too the rest of us would really appreciate it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer