DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
I've had my MM since January. I have approx. 20 hours of flight time. I haven't used sport mode very much. I rarely fly if it's windy. No problems of any kind.

Nothing that wasn't mine-own STUpidity! [I am gonna need a new set of blades pretty soon!]

This - I actually lost my first mini - I thought I had a pretty good handle on flying it - I had practiced a bit and then took it hiking in a narrow canyon - it didn't get a GPS lock and was in ATTI mode and moved and hit a tree branch and fell in a creek (I was trying to get a video of a waterfall). Never to be seen again. We looked and looked and looked but never found it. Even took a second trip out with some borescopes to look underwater to see if we could see it - we probably spent close to two hours looking up and down the creek for it. Don't know where it ever landed.

I now have a new mini and have been spending more time learning much more about it (including reading a bunch of posts here). I did take it hiking and sent it up for another waterfall - was not terribly successful (it still couldn't get a GPS lock and was limited to 15' so I didn't really get any good fideo of the waterfall) - but I did successfully take it off and land it. I've been practicing in ATTI mode in my back yard by covering my mini with tin foil to simulate not being able to get a GPS lock. I have a lot of practicing to do, although I am improving.

First suggestion to all new mini owners - read the online manual in its entirety (not the one that comes with it which is almost useless)
Second suggestion - practice "flying the box":

Overall, I love this little drone and am VERY happy with it.

I've had my mini since early December, I have about 10 hours on it. I've had no issues with random descents or flyaways or anything else thats been reported. I've flown it in 35-40 km/h winds with no issues. Also flown it out about a 1 km out over lakes and even managed to get out about 1.3 km in an urban environment with no interference. No troubles with the drone itself. Even had a bird attack it causing it to fall about 138m into some forest. Other than the ribbon cable between the ESC and mainboard being a bit loose, it survived that ordeal unscathed. So far I'm very happy with my mini, although now I'm a bit scared to fly it a bit further out due to birds...

Reactions: Tweeter
80 Flights without any problems, My MM have thrown some ESC errors on the first 2 or 3 flights, but absolute issue-free.

Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
Had my Mini since mid March. Had no problems, only a lot of enjoyment.
27 hrs. 167 klm. 92 flights.

I have about 120 hours and over 100 miles on my MM. I replaced the props at 100 hours just for maintenance. I have done several updates to the bird, the batts, and the RC all from the app. Followed all procedures and have an extensive pre-flight checklist. I have 6 batts total. All has worked perfectly. My max flight distance has been about 3,000‘ and I have once flown to 1500’ altitude for experiment. Love this drone. Got my 107 Remote Pilot Lic just for additional education too. I joined Airdata and love seeing my flight logs & tracks & data.

I have my MM only for a short time I have only done about 20 Km
I absolutely love it , it is super easy to fly (In the past I was trying to fly so monsters like Trex 500 ) and the pictures and video quality are just amazing .
I try to fly it every day since I bought it

Note I have already done multiple passes over water with no issues but from what I read, perhaps I should reconsider.
Feel free to fly over water as long as it is not too windy and don't try to fly within 30 feet of the surface.

I am glad you checked out this thread. You and I are not so far from each other. Perhaps some day we could do some flying together and compare notes.

Something to look forward to once life begins to get back to normal. Hopefully sooner than later.

Stay safe!

Over 200 flights, no issues. I'm pretty happy with the Mini, despite the tons of complaints online...

@Janssonc - I thought you were a noob at first because the first thing I saw was your info and that this was your first post. Guess it took you 225 flights to warm up to us...
Welcome!
No issues ever until I forced them testing. Discovered if you let the rear blades cross expecting centrifugal force to fling them out..it causes the "esc beeping/change prop" error. After learning to separate the blades before startup. Perfect drone.
That's my experience anyway

I had mine for 3 months now i think and i had no problem until today when strong wind made my propellers chip a little bit. time to change them.

No issues ever until I forced them testing. Discovered if you let the rear blades cross expecting centrifugal force to fling them out..it causes the "esc beeping/change prop" error. After learning to separate the blades before startup. Perfect drone.
That's my experience anyway
I agree about the mini, for me it handles and does I expect it to. Just saw your post about the folded props. Good stuff, you might be on to something there!
Here's a link to you post

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev