DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many out there spents $100 or more on a variety of drones from toy to what ever...

I’m looking to get hold of some Tellos for our club to show people who come to the airfield to watch; get them to try it. I mean, addiction needs to be shared, right?
I'll consider selling it? Make an offer I suppose? I can take some pics for you tonight when I get home. It's basically brand new with xtras.

Reactions: Johnpol
I want to throw another point in here: there are a few cheap drones that are worth their weight in gold. I paid $100 for this, but you can get it now for $89 I think. The catch is that you need a controller and goggles for it.
20190530_184417.jpg

It's called a Tinyhawk, it's a blast indoors and a great way to learn to fly FPV.
This is some footage from it. It's not sped up; you can see the second counter on the screen

That little white one was my first, and I still playing with it. I got from Wish for free when I tried to returned and they preferred to credit me back.
I have in total only 5 but lots and lots of accessories including my goggles.
I just can't help myself, I have so much fun and relaxing time with this hobby
Ya, the Syma X5c was the 1st quadcopter I modded for fpv. Put together those box goggles from hobbyking and mounted that little all in one camera that sold for $100 from Horizon Hobby called the Spectrum VA1100, lol. Those were the good ole days. Now everything is HD crispy 4k and flying too far than you should ;)

Reactions: RTKD
Holystone HS160, Hubsan H501SS, Parrot Anafi, DJI Mavic Pro, Ryze Tello and some no name small toy drones.

I did a lot of crashing and learning with the HS160. The thing is indestructible. I'm sure it has saved me dollars in avoiding crashes with the more expensive drones.

Reactions: Lbesing
Holystone HS160, Hubsan H501SS, Parrot Anafi, DJI Mavic Pro, Ryze Tello and some no name small toy drones.

I did a lot of crashing and learning with the HS160. The thing is indestructible. I'm sure it has saved me dollars in avoiding crashes with the more expensive drones.
I never bought a Hubsan or Parrot but remember a lot of vids and people modding the radios to get more range, lol. That one radio Hubsan had looked so cool and I remember they were one of the first to add a parachute recovery system, just in case, haha.

I never bought a Hubsan or Parrot but remember a lot of vids and people modding the radios to get more range, lol. That one radio Hubsan had looked so cool and I remember they were one of the first to add a parachute recovery system, just in case, haha.

In my area both the Hubsan and Parrot are limited due to the heavy wifi interference. I can only get a couple of hundred meters before I start getting interference warnings. It's one of the major reasons I got the Mavic Pro with Occusync and wouldn't consider the Mavic Air even given the claims regarding the improved wifi.

That said my main issue isn't really more range (keeping the drone in sight) but a more reliable signal and video feed.

Prior to having drones I used to fly RC helicopters. Now they are a real money pit.
I think I spent around £12000 in the first year alone and I was in the hobby for at least 6 years so do the math!
Started out with some small cheap (read garbage) helis. Then quickly building up a fleet going all the way up to Align Trex 700 models both in nitro and electric.
Eventually gave up as my enthusiasm began to wane (and my wallet began to hurt).
So went straight to the Mavic pro.
Although not as exciting to fly it has given me hours of enjoyment and great footage on my holidays.
It is so much easier to fly that anyone can use them as they really fly themselves.
I have had mine for just over two years now and it has never been crashed and I have easily over two hundred flights with it. Very reliable and a great piece of kit.
Enjoy.

LOL, I started out that way too, but never kept track of what I spent, was afraid to!
Just pitched out the last of my small Toy Drones today, a UDiRC and a Skytech. Both about the size of your palm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom