DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many out there spents $100 or more on a variety of drones from toy to what ever...

silverdragon

Reactions
Whatever, And you have them broken sitting in drawers or tossed out of flown away. I do.... When I first started into the hobby I've bought Hubsan, JJRC, you name it I probably bought one.. Well, I saved all my receipts or wrote them down... Ready....$2340 spent on misc. Drone\Quadcopters...Man'O Man...what I could of bought with that....just one of..maybe 2 of....

What, only 2.3K. I've been at this since 2012 and I could easily add another decimal point, i.e. 23K. Check out my YouTube cover shot.

I went from a Mavic Pro to flying FPV, and the pit got deeper for sure. So addicting and SO MUCH FUN!

about £600 for my early drones which i still have in my man cave and they all work then my MPP with about £1800 invested in it including my viewing device and accessories my phantom 3 standard was a £650 investment and i sold it for £400 so all in all £2650 but it has been worth every penny

I wasn't refering to what you have now and what you fly. I'm talking about stuff I bought on a wimb, stuff that I probably should not have spent money on. I bought 2 quadcopters, both came were delivered at 2 pm and both went to the trash about 2:15.. Both came from China not worth sending back. $50 gone. One time I bought a drone for $125. Took off for the first time and last. It just flew away.. Stuff like that. I have about 12 quads in my drawers with all different reasons why they don't fly. $2300 worth of stuff I probably shouldn't of bought. I got carried away, that's my quilt....

Reactions: Lbesing
I wasn't refering to what you have now and what you fly. I'm talking about stuff I bought on a wimb, stuff that I probably should not have spent money on. I bought 2 quadcopters, both came were delivered at 2 pm and both went to the trash about 2:15.. Both came from China not worth sending back. $50 gone. One time I bought a drone for $125. Took off for the first time and last. It just flew away.. Stuff like that. I have about 12 quads in my drawers with all different reasons why they don't fly. $2300 worth of stuff I probably shouldn't of bought. I got carried away, that's my quilt....
OK, when the Tellos came out I bought two so I could have an extra battery. It's never been out of the box.

Reactions: cochitiman
Bought a Spark b4 Xmas - few around for 2 Months and then bought a M2P. Most happy.

Yep I spent a few bucks on cheapo toy drones prior to the purchase of the Mavic Pro. Had a lot of fun trying to crash into your buddy...something I'd never consider with an expensive piece of equipment. I did fall for the Tello but that wasn't what I had expected.

Reactions: dawgpilot
One. So far. ED. Do it once, do it right.
Well, I haven't crashed it yet, lol..
Ok..I haven't crashed it seriously yet...
Alright, alright..I flipped it over one take off..and a coupla hard-ish landings...and I clipped my stereo in my first internal...
I'm trying lmao..

Yeah.... bought several flying toys when they started coming out, they tough me how to crash.

I got back into the flying aspect of RC in 2013 when i bought my son and I the Syma X5c quadcopters for around $100. After my son left for college, I took over his bedroom and made that my hobby room. Still use half of my 2 car garage as well for my gas planes, soldering (if the wifes home), 3d printing, and storage. I try to buy a few models or kits when Hobbyking or Banggood has a big sale. Problem is technology keeps advancing so fast that stocking up on the electronics has proved to be a waste as I will want to use whatever is the latest, lol. With all the different FPV goggles, different band Tx and Rx, fridge full of different lipo's, and everything, I could easily be over the $10k mark now! I dont have any regrets though. Better than if I was single and blowing money on booze, fast women, and whatever...

Attachments

• 20150410_004621.jpg
    20150410_004621.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20150929_194758.jpg
    20150929_194758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Johnpol
Now have 4 drones.

Cheapo Visuo xs812 which is a tidy little thing for learning and great for sub £100 price. The others are Mavic 2 Pro, Air and Anafi. Plan was to alternate 1 every day as retired and single. All the expensive kit to go with it - chargers, smart controller, crystalsky .... etc. etc..

Hardly any air time as weather has been so bad. Trained by a professional but very little flying since. Have joined a RC club with its own field and have managed precisely 2 visits. Today yet again rain, half hours sun and constant 20 mph + wind. Only chance is to go to Spain for the winter!
As already said - you can't take it with you.

Not to change the topic, but speaking of cheap drones, has anyone had any experience with a drone advertised for about $100 that seems to be indestructible. The first minute of the ad shows a car driving over it and a girl hitting it with a bat. But it keeps flying. Has all the bells and whistles of an expensive DJI drone. Too good to be true??

Now have 4 drones.

Cheapo Visuo xs812 which is a tidy little thing for learning and great for sub £100 price. The others are Mavic 2 Pro, Air and Anafi. Plan was to alternate 1 every day as retired and single. All the expensive kit to go with it - chargers, smart controller, crystalsky .... etc. etc..

Hardly any air time as weather has been so bad. Trained by a professional but very little flying since. Have joined a RC club with its own field and have managed precisely 2 visits. Today yet again rain, half hours sun and constant 20 mph + wind. Only chance is to go to Spain for the winter!
As already said - you can't take it with you.
Only 4? In My world and hangar there is atleast the double. DJI Mavic PP, Spark, Sky-Hero Little six, Anakin, Yuneec Typhoon H, MantisQ, and a couple of no-names. + all RC stuff such as 4 radios, airplanes, 4 meter gliders. It’s strange that I can move around in My apartment at all. And then count the costs are not possible in this lifetime. So why bother?

That little white one was my first, and I still playing with it. I got from Wish for free when I tried to returned and they preferred to credit me back.
I have in total only 5 but lots and lots of accessories including my goggles.
I just can't help myself, I have so much fun and relaxing time with this hobby
I got back into the flying aspect of RC in 2013 when i bought my son and I the Syma X5c quadcopters for around $100. After my son left for college, I took over his bedroom and made that my hobby room. Still use half of my 2 car garage as well for my gas planes, soldering (if the wifes home), 3d printing, and storage. I try to buy a few models or kits when Hobbyking or Banggood has a big sale. Problem is technology keeps advancing so fast that stocking up on the electronics has proved to be a waste as I will want to use whatever is the latest, lol. With all the different FPV goggles, different band Tx and Rx, fridge full of different lipo's, and everything, I could easily be over the $10k mark now! I dont have any regrets though. Better than if I was single and blowing money on booze, fast women, and whatever...

Fell for the Tello myself, extra battery and controller to go with it. Flew a few times now it sits. Should just sell it I suppose...

I’m looking to get hold of some Tellos for our club to show people who come to the airfield to watch; get them to try it. I mean, addiction needs to be shared, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan