DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much weight can the Mavic Carry?

Not related but u could use the prop guard kit's surface area around the outside of the quad to mount led strip lights, like 6" at each corner. To make it highly visable at night also

Just thought I'd post for anyone following through with weight tests that it seems those batteries should weight around 65-70g each. So that long range video gives us a nice test at around 130-140g.

Agreed, having a weight swinging like a pendulum is much different than a weight that is stable.

Oops. Turns out I only needed a payload capacity of 0.6lb/260g. That should be more doable and hopefully brings me closer to someone that has tested around that limit.

Not sure how much a grenade weighs, but it ISIS is using the P4P to drop grenades behind enemy lines! :eek: Looks like they also felt the need to reinforce the props arm ends, at the motor mounts, to handle the additional stress of flying with the added weight! See the blue tape below!
IMG_4436.JPG

260g should be doable on the Mavic. The P4 easily handles 500g of attached external batteries. The TV show "Blacklist" showed a bag suspended from underneath the Mavic, as shown above in Post 25, using a ziptie through the air-vent grill, on the bottom, in the rear.

Last edited:
As I sit here and patiently (yeah right) wait on my Mavic to arrive, I have to say that watching those videos makes me cringe a touch. Good info to have for sure, but man don't destroy something that so many of us are waiting on! heh

Anything hanging underneath would interfere with the sensors and the bottom facing cameras. It's a no go....
Delivered a 12oz Coors light to my neighbor with no problem. Just use a long enough string and it won't interfere with sensors. But it was a short trip for humor. I wouldn't recommend doing this nor will I again. To much strain on the Mavic.

Attachments

• 22824.jpeg
    22824.jpeg
    698.6 KB · Views: 59
Delivered a 12oz Coors light to my neighbor with no problem. Just use a long enough string and it won't interfere with sensors. But it was a short trip for humor. I wouldn't recommend doing this nor will I again. To much strain on the Mavic.
Cool! Proof of concept was in the show Blacklist in December, where the terrorists used a tie wrap through the air vents in the back of the Mavic, to carry away a stolen electronic chip in a black pouch hanging underneath the Mavic! DJI obviously paid for placement of the ad in the show, but I'm not sure that promoting Mavic use by terrorists on National TV is good publicity for drones in general. The episode just aired in the UK last week, too! :eek:

Reactions: Lieutenant810
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+