• 46-60

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • 15-25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spent 12 years in the Royal Australian Navy - some of the best years in my life -- married to the same wonderful lady for 60 years come September - will celebrate my 86th birthday in April - really enjoying my new "drone MA2" hobby - you young fellas in your 60s - I hope you are enjoying life as much as I am -- Best to you All -- Cheers ( 18 year old Macallans )

When you get to 60 and over I think your more settled in your way of life, the kids have grown up and you have more time for yourself, you can take up hobbies , that are more about ones self and not so much for the family.
I’m 74 and I have lots of hobbies, but flying drones is near the top of my hobby list.

Wow, a real veteran!
76 big ones and been at this drone (called them quads back then) thing since 2011. I've had them all, seems like; started flying the DJI offerings back when the Phantom 1 was popular. Mount your GoPro and get ready for low battery flashing lights at 7 minutes. I still have my sporty fliers like the Traxxas Aton, MJX Bugs 3, Eachine EX2 mini and a big bus sized quad my Blade Chroma. I guess you can say I'm in this hobby for the long haul.

Wow, I am really surprised by the results! I would have guessed a younger crowd, but very cool to see the forum members here possess greater wisdom than other corners of the internet. Thanks for conducting this survey.

I was trying to be creative and fun... ??
I honestly apologize if I offended you.
I actually thought it was cool, wondered how many times you edited till you got it right.....some people seem a bit touchy ;) You even got a "like" from a Mod :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
He wisely deleted his post guys so let’s get back to how ancient
we are ?

Reactions: old man mavic
So when are we going to start a over 60s section?
Don’t think we are but if we did I’m staying in the younger one ?

I'm late to the poll... interesting results that I expected. If a few other categories: 60-65, 66-72, 73-80, 80-up.
I'd expect mid 60's to low 70's as the forum's "response" avg. I'd assume reality is younger avg, although the majority of younger are probably too occupied to respond to poll.

63 yrs young... started with Cox "string" trainer... Blue & Yellow PT19, moved on to balsa string crafts, and Stuka Bomb Dropper... converted to extended string Egg Dropper!

First Aerial Camera mount was Estes Rocket... very cool for the time period... a lot of lawn mowing & side jobs to get that camera nosecone... and I had braggin rights treasure!
Later Nitro RC Heli's... 30's & 60's... never great flying them for lack of dedicated practice... but did graduate out of training sticks to forward flight. The stunt flyers and scale flyers amazed me!

Mavic Pro introduced me back into RC and the drone... and I've increased that to over 16 crafts.
The GPS, Gyros, & Electronics has provided such a stable platform for Drones... finally allowed clear camera mount. I'm amazed when I hear of difficulties to fly the drone... when you can take hands off RC and it continues to hover in place or fly an autonomous "precision" mission... Difficult? Recently picked up a few RC electric Heli's... another amazing improvement. No Training sticks needed and much easier to control... great flight skills trainer!

Plan to retire in 3-4 yrs and move to small sUAV business to enjoy new career... and that will go into young 80's!

I'm old enough that VLOS is about the same distance as the drone noise I can hear..

Well I notice I dribble on the pillow, and need to go for a pee every five minutes as well as can't stop farting so I figure I am now 66... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure