HOW TO: Calibrate Mavic Air IMU

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

1. Should the calibration ALWAYS be done outside the building on open space area?
2. When you travel to another area 100 - 1000 kms should it be claibrated again in every new place?
3. should it be done periodically when dron is not in use like one or two weeks?

Thanks for help

1. Should the calibration ALWAYS be done outside the building on open space area?
2. When you travel to another area 100 - 1000 kms should it be claibrated again in every new place?
3. should it be done periodically when dron is not in use like one or two weeks?

Thanks for help
Are you referring to a compass calibration? You should not have the calibrate the IMU often. Many people probably won't ever need to do it.

The compass is the second question :) I understand that both IMU and compass are main things to properly calibrate to have proper control over MA.

the IMU rarely needs to be calibrated. If you notice the drone drifting, the IMU might need a recalibration. Using the gauges in the app only gives interference levels, not accuracy levels. I do make it a habit of recalibrating it about once every 6 months just because weather can affect the accuracy since it uses barometers and other weather sensitive instruments.

Compass should be calibrated more often, and I also recalibrate it about every 6 months. The compass should be recalibrated if you travel a long distance from the last calibration, since it works off the earths poles, its just a good practice to recalibrate if you travel.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12