DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to calibrate sticks on Mavic Air Controller

Nakita Mosquita

Reactions
I've scoured the forums and internet to find a video or proper sequencing that allows me to recalibrate the sticks on the controller for the Mavic Air. I can get to the screen which shows the 2 circles illustrating the directionality of each of the sticks, but not get to the screen which changes to two boxes with a blue dot to follow in the calibration. I cannot determine the proper sequence to get me to the screen below. Please help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.43.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.43.58 AM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 44
I've scoured the forums and internet to find a video or proper sequencing that allows me to recalibrate the sticks on the controller for the Mavic Air. I can get to the screen which shows the 2 circles illustrating the directionality of each of the sticks, but not get to the screen which changes to two boxes with a blue dot to follow in the calibration. I cannot determine the proper sequence to get me to the screen below. Please help.
I have never seen the screenshot you attached and I have calibrated the remote controller sticks for my MA more times than I care to count. The process is simple.

(1) Power on the remote controller, attach your mobile device, and launch the DJI GO4 app
(2) In the GO4 home screen, tap on the "enter device" option
screenshot_20200202-170934-png.92896

(3) On the next page, tap on "Enter the Camera View" option.
screenshot_20200202-171001-png.92897

(4) Once in the camera view, tap on the three dots at the top right corner to enter the settings. Under settings, tap on the remote controller icon, and then on "Remote Controller Calibration".
screenshot_20200202-171252-png.92898

(5) The Remote controller calibration page looks like this.
screenshot_20200202-171234-png.92899

Once here, read the onscreen instructions, and start the calibration process.

I have never seen the screenshot you attached and I have calibrated the remote controller sticks for my MA more times than I care to count. The process is simple.

(1) Power on the remote controller, attach your mobile device, and launch the DJI GO4 app
(2) In the GO4 home screen, tap on the "enter device" option
screenshot_20200202-170934-png.92896

(3) On the next page, tap on "Enter the Camera View" option.
screenshot_20200202-171001-png.92897

(4) Once in the camera view, tap on the three dots at the top right corner to enter the settings. Under settings, tap on the remote controller icon, and then on "Remote Controller Calibration".
screenshot_20200202-171252-png.92898

(5) The Remote controller calibration page looks like this.
screenshot_20200202-171234-png.92899

Once here, read the onscreen instructions, and start the calibration process.
The instructions you provided are what I've used. Like you, I have never seen any boxes. When you're moving the sticks, do you limit the movements to only the 4 directions (ie left, right, up down) or do you also move the sticks in a circular motion?

The instructions you provided are what I've used. Like you, I have never seen any boxes. When you're moving the sticks, do you limit the movements to only the 4 directions (ie left, right, up down) or do you also move the sticks in a circular motion?
I move the sticks in the four directions only. As far as I understand it, the entire point of the exercise is to ensure that the sticks register the entire range of movement from 0 - 100% in all four directions and they don't register any input when they are at rest.

I move the sticks in the four directions only. As far as I understand it, the entire point of the exercise is to ensure that the sticks register the entire range of movement from 0 - 100% in all four directions and they don't register any input when they are at rest.
Got it......I asked because there is a 'groove' exactly in between each of the 4 basic directions (ie. at 22.5 degrees where the stick position would cause the drone to both ascend in flight and turn right simultaneously.

It's probably been mentioned..I'm great for reading a thread from the bottom up..but the gimbal on the Air is super important too.

Reactions: Nakita Mosquita
The instructions say to mover the sticks "through their entire range of motion." Doesn't that suggest that you should move the sticks to all points of the circle? I remember I had a drone from Parrot, and that is what their calibration specifically called for.
Do you just move them one time to each of the four points and then let go, or do it repeatedly? Frustrating that the instructions are so incomplete.

The instructions say to mover the sticks "through their entire range of motion." Doesn't that suggest that you should move the sticks to all points of the circle? I remember I had a drone from Parrot, and that is what their calibration specifically called for.
Do you just move them one time to each of the four points and then let go, or do it repeatedly? Frustrating that the instructions are so incomplete.

You just need to move them in a complete circle, around the entire perimeter.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman