DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to create light streaks and light trails using your drone

abimasha

Reactions
I recently posted a picture potraying light-trails on a busy highway and got lots of questions bothering on the settings and how to create such with your drone.

In this tutorial, I demonstrate how to capture lightstreaks and trails using a drone. After choosing the perfect weather condition, location, altitude and timing, the shutter speed was varied to capture different lengths of the light-trails.

I'm curious about your thoughts and perspectives on this video please leave your comments.

Good tutorial. Thanks for sharing. You might even be able to blend light trails from several photos into one, in Photoshop for a very dramatic effect.

thanks for that! My only critique would be the short bit at 2:33 where you discuss needing to use that weather forecast app. That was all wasted on me; I prefer stepping outside and feeling the wind. Two days ago my flying was at -25F in 20+mph winds. I'm guessing the app would have discouraged my flight LOL. I would also mention that (correct me if I'm wrong) in the U.S. it is not legal to set your drone directly above a highway and sit in place. I'm not the drone police and only mention it in case you were unaware. All in all a great video and good tips.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
thanks for that! My only critique would be the short bit at 2:33 where you discuss needing to use that weather forecast app. That was all wasted on me; I prefer stepping outside and feeling the wind. Two days ago my flying was at -25F in 20+mph winds. I'm guessing the app would have discouraged my flight LOL. I would also mention that (correct me if I'm wrong) in the U.S. it is not legal to set your drone directly above a highway and sit in place. I'm not the drone police and only mention it in case you were unaware. All in all a great video and good tips.
20+ MPH winds might make the light streaks blurry but yes, I believe you are correct, in the US we cannot just hover a drone directly over a major highway. The workaround on that is, hover just slightly off the highway. If the highway is curved, it will work fine.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Good tutorial. Thanks for sharing. You might even be able to blend light trails from several photos into one, in Photoshop for a very dramatic effect.
Thanks for your feedback Dave. I completely agree with you, further enhancement with photoshop would improve the quality of the light-trails.

I appreciate you for your feedback. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan