DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to disable iPhone mic during flight

Gerry65

Reactions
hi folks. I've only flown a few times with the Mavic but I remember getting a message from the Go app on my first flight asking me if I would give the app access to my iPhone's microphone. In a haste I tapped 'yes' but now I'd like to turn it off because all it does is record sounds in the vicinity of the phone. I can't find an answer to this by googling or searching the forums or in the manual. Anyone know how? Thanks.

hi folks. I've only flown a few times with the Mavic but I remember getting a message from the Go app on my first flight asking me if I would give the app access to my iPhone's microphone. In a haste I tapped 'yes' but now I'd like to turn it off because all it does is record sounds in the vicinity of the phone. I can't find an answer to this by googling or searching the forums or in the manual. Anyone know how? Thanks.

It's a brand-new feature. I believe it is in the advanced settings. But, you cannot see it unless the Mavic is actually connected to the controller.

You will find that there are a few settings that you cannot see unless the aircraft and the controller or connected.

Disable the mic in the DJI Go 4 app settings on your iPhone. See attached pic...

Attachments

• IMG_2876.PNG
    IMG_2876.PNG
    82 KB · Views: 90
Oy! Great! I tried kilrah's answer but that disables Siri and I can't live w/o her.

No it doesn't, unless you did something odd. It disables the mic for just the app you choose to remove the permission from.

Removing the mic permissions from the DJI app in no way affects anything to do with Siri.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705