DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to downgrade your App for iPhone / iPad iOS

After going through a ton of frustration I reached out to digdat0. This guy has mad crazy determination to find the fix. Good thing to because I now have the GO4 app version I have been wanting for some time now. Thanks again digdat0 for your time and effort spent to get me in the air once more.

I wanted to recommend a method for downgrading DJI GO 4 that worked for me.
While it could work for Windows users, it’s mainly for Mac users…
The steps below are outlined using my Mac OS, (10.11.6 El Captian), but in concept would work for many Mac OS and possibly some PC users.

However the process requires that some sort of automatic hard disk backup procedure has been used, such as “Time Machine” in Mac OS…
Doing a standard search for GO 4 on your computer hard drive typically results in the old DJI GO version not being found on your computer,
but it is likely still there within one of the automatic backups of your Time Machine hard drive.
Many file search functions don’t look inside the files of a hard disk containing only automatic backups.

To locate and install a downgraded version of DJI GO from a Time Machine backup:

1. In the Finder, open (double-click) your hard disk used for Time Machine backups.
2. Open the folder: “Backups.backupdb”
3. Open the folder there which should be named the same as your main hard disk is named.
4. Within you should see many folders, there each with a time stamp as the folder name.
Example: “2017-05-04-003021” Chose one folder and open it. For lower than GO 4.1, I’d select a folder in early May 2017.
Note that not all of these backup folders will have a version of DJI GO4 buried within them, but most will.
If, further on here, DJI GO 4 is not found within or the version is not the one you want, just go to a time-stamped folder with an earlier or later date.
5. Within the time-stamped folder should be a folder with the name of your hard disk again. Open this folder.
6. You should now see several folders within. Open up the “Users” folder.
7. Again you should see at least two folders. Open up the one entitled with your chosen Username.
8. In this new list of 5-6 folders, open up the one entitled “Music”.
9. Now open up the folder “iTunes”.
10. Open up the folder “iTunes Music”.
11. Now open up the folder “Mobile Applications”.
12. You should see a window containing all your .ipa files (apps for iTunes) for this particular backup session.
13. Option-click the one you want and drag it to your desktop, (automatically making a copy of it in the process).
Note: If the needed DJI GO app version wasn’t found there, then chose a folder with different timestamp title as in step 4.
14. Open iTunes and navigate to your app library.
15. Delete the unwanted version of DJI GO 4 by clicking it and dragging it to the Trash.
When the dialog box comes up giving you a choice of “Cancel”, “Keep Files” or “Move to Trash”, pick “Move to Trash”.
16. Drag the newly copied downgraded GO app from your desktop onto the window of the iTunes app library.
This should copy the downgraded DJI GO app into iTunes.
17. Now going to your iOS iPad or iPhone, open the DJI GO app and synch your flight records with the DJI server for later retrieval.
18. Then delete this unwanted version of DJI GO from your iOS iPad or iPhone.
(Note: by deleting DJI GO this will likely delete all your flight records, and photos/videos in the DJI editor, however all flight records and some photos can be restored once you re-synch the downgraded version of DJI GO with the DJI servers).
19. In iTunes, navigate to the window showing the list of specific apps found on your chosen iOS device.
20. In this window, on the left there should be a list of apps shown, and beside each app icon, a button saying something like, “Install”, “Remove” or “Will Install”, etc.
Find the downgraded version of the DJI GO 4 app and click the button so it reads “Will Install”
21. After that just click the ”Apply” button at the bottom right, basically synching your iOS device with iTunes. The downgraded version of DJI GO will now be installed.
22. On your iOS device, after the synch is complete, open the new downgraded version DJI GO 4 and re-synch your Flight Records with the DJI servers in the DJI GO app.

One last suggestion is to make a second backup copy of the GO app version(s) you like and store them in a separate folder for safe-keeping. I’ve created a folder in which I have several versions of the DJI GO 3 and GO 4 stored.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to digdat0 who tried valiantly to help me downgrade GO4 using iTunes 12.3.1 and Charles 3.11.7.
Unfortunately, we just couldn’t get it to work, even trying it on both my iMac and Windows 7 laptop.
Thanks!

No offense, but it looks like you just took all this information from my already created how-to's from my youtube page and posted here as your own. You are even using the direct download links from my latest video, as well as my Google sheets version list. Atleast give credit where credit is due man, I figured this all out way long ago and you are just copying/pasting it here. Anyone who knows me will know I'm 100% about the community (which is why i made that video in the first place after figuring it out) but posting it as your own is lame.

Here's MY DJI Go 4 video:
The original DJI Go video:
Bravo, you are absolutly right! You have done a super job with your videos. I have seen it and used your advise as shown in the video, highly professional work. I thought already yesterday that the member ramjet-1 who copied your work without any reference to you is not a honest man.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I've owned several Iphones and finally went Android ...cant stand the proprietary complexities of Apple. ITunes is a pain in the *** to use compared to drag and drop on my Galaxy. This thread just under scores the problem.

I found charles proxy 3.1.1.7 problematic. You can't find 3.1.1.6 either so i used 3.1.1.5 From the charlesproxy.com site and it worked fine with the 12.xxxx itunes.

EDIT: Got it fixed with Digital0 help

A bit late to the game but my break point points to iosapps.itunes.apple.com and not to the p* servers.

Followed the guide downloaded 12.3.1.23 version and charles proxy 3.12 and 4.1.4 both do the same.

jGdvxPT.png
jGdvxPT.png

REC6kuz.png

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited:
If breakpoints isn't coming up, try the steps in this video. Its working on almost 100% of the cases

I see this was made last year, will this method still work today late March 2018 on a new IPad mini 4 ??
I just ordered it and I have been using a Huawei xt2 on version 4.1.15, so I figure I'll go with same on Ipad mini 4....????

ITunes is a pain in the *** to use ....

Because my Mavic Pro has an SD card on board, I was unaware of your statement.

But then I bought a Tello, which does not have one. What this means is that to move files from the iPad to my PC, I need to use iTunes.

However, iTunes does not recognize my iPad Mini 4. :(

Solution?

Use my LG Android cell to fly Tello, which is better choice anyway, as like Tello the LG is always with me, but the tablet isn't. :D

Because my Mavic Pro has an SD card on board, I was unaware of your statement.

But then I bought a Tello, which does not have one. What this means is that to move files from the iPad to my PC, I need to use iTunes.

However, iTunes does not recognize my iPad Mini 4. :(

Solution?

Use my LG Android cell to fly Tello, which is better choice anyway, as like Tello the LG is always with me, but the tablet isn't. :D

Hi,
I have an iPhone 7+ and all I do to move pictures from the phone onto my PC or another external device is plug the phone into my computer, and it’s not even a Mac!

Reactions: Siwyleeds
Hi,
I have an iPhone 7+ and all I do to move pictures from the phone onto my PC or another external device is plug the phone into my computer, and it’s not even a Mac!

That's the first thing I tried, but my Win7 PC could not "see" the device.

That's the first thing I tried, but my Win7 PC could not "see" the device.
It could be either the cable or that the driver is not installed or it wasn’t installed correctly, because I have Window 7 Professional and it works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum