DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly to GPS coordinates?

Hi all,
So, I've been playing around with waypoints in Litchi. I set up a mission that has about 79 WPs. I did this to circle around a large farm property. The path is set for straight lines because I needed to start and stop recording at certain waypoints. I meticulously checked the smoothness of the flight path - both on the mission hub and in the virtual mission on Google Earth Pro. However, when I put the Mavic in the air to test out the mission, the drone seemed to pause slightly at every waypoint, making for a pretty crappy video. I thought I would get a smooth transition from one WP to another. Interestingly, even though I have the path set to straight lines, some of the WPs show a curve distance. I restored them all back to zero, but the same problem occurs. I don't have any actions set for the WPs, except the two at the start and end of the mission for the recording. What am I doing wrong and what am I missing? Does the straight line path involve stops at each waypoint? If that's the case, how do I get the mission to record video if I set the path to curves? I thought curves eliminates the possibility of any camera actions. Thanks!
If you have it set to straight lines it will pause at every waypoint if you have it with curves it will not it will continue but it will not take pictures so you need to decide if you want to take pictures then it needs to pause briefly at every point if you're just doing straight video I would just leave it at curves

If you have it set to straight lines it will pause at every waypoint if you have it with curves it will not it will continue but it will not take pictures so you need to decide if you want to take pictures then it needs to pause briefly at every point if you're just doing straight video I would just leave it at curves
Yep, that's what it looks like. I just flew it again with the path set to curves and the flight was smooth. But it looks like there's no way to start and stop the recording automatically. That would be a nice feature if Litchi could add it - allowing for independently setting waypoints to straight or curved. Right now it seems like it's only one or the other.

I'm hoping to get this exact same clip in all four seasons, then merge them together into one "transition" video. In my video editor, I envisioned putting each clip on top of one another, then making precise cuts so the end result is a buttery smooth transition. It would have been nice to start and stop the recording at the same location each time, but I guess I'll be able to get it close enough doing it manually.

Thanks for the reply!
Mike

Yep, that's what it looks like. I just flew it again with the path set to curves and the flight was smooth. But it looks like there's no way to start and stop the recording automatically. That would be a nice feature if Litchi could add it - allowing for independently setting waypoints to straight or curved. Right now it seems like it's only one or the other.

I'm hoping to get this exact same clip in all four seasons, then merge them together into one "transition" video. In my video editor, I envisioned putting each clip on top of one another, then making precise cuts so the end result is a buttery smooth transition. It would have been nice to start and stop the recording at the same location each time, but I guess I'll be able to get it close enough doing it manually.

Thanks for the reply!
Mike
You can set start stop for video but it needs to be set in straight lines and you can also take pictures at different intervals again it needs to be in straight lines. If you going to litchi in YouTube you will find some great videos with detail explanations of every button that the app has. You might consider dronelink but to me it's a little bit of a learning curve which so far I'm doing okay with but for me at least litchi is my 1# to go autonomous app

Thanks for the reply!
Mike
You can set curved/straight independently for each waypoint.

You can set curved/straight independently for each waypoint.
I see that for individual waypoints you can change the curve size and heading settings, but there's no setting for changing the path to curved or straight. That only appears in the mission settings. In my mission, I have a couple of connecting waypoints (one at the beginning and one at the end) that I've changed to have a curve size of 0. But still, I cannot get any camera actions on them, even though they're technically straight.

Well, I've flown a dozen or so missions with Litchi, since purchasing it - they range from a minute or so to over 6 minutes. I really like it! Next week I'll be returning to the location of my original post for this topic to reshoot that scene with both photos and video. Thanks, everyone, for your help and comments. One "last" question.......In the Mission Hub, does anyone know what the 'Link' option does in MISSIONS (where you open and save different missions)? There's no description of this that I can find and hitting that button doesn't really do anything other than take me back to the Mission Hub home page. Thanks!
Michael

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato